1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrrah's was brilliant

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by sky, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sky

sky Tourist

Mar 29, 2004

My Trip Report

Thanks to all on this forum for help and tips. Just wanted to share my experience - stayed at Harrah's 17 - 25 - GREAT hotel and PERFECT location for getting around. Not sure which tower was in but had a great room on 24th floor overlooking ceasars and rio in the distance.......superb view and two queen beds and clean bathroom well stocked with coffee maker (free) and hair gadgets etc. Played low stakes on machines - quarters to dollars and each day whether morning or late night cocktail watiress service was brilliant - had to turn down free drinks once the bars and cherries started to wave a bit too much. They were all over and we never had to wait more than 20 mins for them to pass by........Such a great location for walking around and going to see B fountains etc....great for buses and shuttle to Rio etc.
    As an aside - followed tips we got and ate downtown at Main Street Station three times - best buffet and steaks for the price....and also ate at Ellis Island three times - 4.95 steak special great, beers 1 dollar and the RIBS - full rack for 9.99 and my Gawd they were great with corn on the cob, garlic bread and coleslaw.....separate section to the restaurant - sit in the enclosed patio area where they grill the ribs..........SUBLIME.
    Thanks all for all help and luck when in Vegas.
  2. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

Mar 3, 2002
    Las Vegas
    Glad you enjoyed yourself!
  3. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Apr 1, 2003
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ellis Island does have some good food. I can smell those ribs now. Sounds like you had fun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.