1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrah's or Planet Hollywood Buffet?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Happily, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm planning to use some of the rewards credits I got in the latest sweepstakes for some hot snow crab. Will I have a better experience at Harrah's or Planet Hollywood? I'm wondering about lines at dinner time, atmosphere, price, other food selection... Thanks!

2. KevinSTP

KevinSTP High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planet Hollywood's buffet (Spice Market) has been one of the top rated for the past 10 years since it was the new Aladdin. It's not Wynn or Bellagio quality, but it's probably 3rd after those two (M Resort might be 3rd, but just considering the main Strip here). Harrah's is very run of the mill. Search Yelp for pics and reviews of both for a better idea.

3. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not been to the Harrah's buffet, so I can't comment on that.

I have been to the PH Buffet (Spice Market), and I was pleased with the selection and service. In terms of hot crab legs (I don't know enough about crab to discern whether it was snow crab or some other type of crab), the crab legs are put out cold. However, all you have to do is ask one of the nice people working behind that section to steam the crab legs for you, and they will do so rather quickly.
    The most recent time I went to the PH buffet, it was about 5:30pm, and there was no line. As we were leaving from our meal, we did notice a queue starting to form.

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Except for 1 time when there had to be a mistake in the shipment of seafood and Harrah's had the big King Crab legs....they both usually have the smaller Snow Crab Legs. PH has a bigger selection of other items including various other seafood dishes. We prefer Harrah's for a lunch and PH for a dinner. If you are Platinum or Diamond TR cardholder, you can by-pass the line and get right in, sit in the most convenient section and if there is a hold up on getting your crab legs steamed while you are up there, the waiter/waitress will take it back there for you and get it done. Hope you enjoy!

5. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spice Market for breakfast is freaking awesome :) Hands down IMO

6. Srvanwyk

Srvanwyk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ph is much better for breakfast and dinner lunch is a coin flip

7. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spice Market by far. No contest.

8. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everybody. You give the best advice, as usual!

9. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    dont count out Paris buffet. Good choice too as far as being same as PH

10. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo and Mirage outperform PH. Spice Market has been in decline for years now.

Nick:beer:

11. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PH

Harrah's isn't bad, just middle of the road everywhere. PH didn't blow my mind, but was consistently better. If it costs you the same, do PH.

12. KevinSTP

KevinSTP High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the Mirage buffet several times over the years and nearly every time I've been disappointed. I've gone multiple times because each time I've thought to myself "it's the Mirage, give it another chance", and it was like Charlie Brown and Lucy with the football. It's not a bad buffet, but it's not all that good either. The quality isn't on par with what the Mirage still tries to exude even if it's been overshadowed over the years by the Wynn, Bellagio, etc.

The only time I've been disappointed with Spice Market is with their Middle Eastern dishes. Good quality, but too bland as far as seasoning goes. You can't expect a whole lot of adventurousness out of a buffet though.

13. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm also interested about the Harrahs breakfast buffet. I doubt it has crepe stations like Paris, but when you say average, is it just like others in terms of food choices or lack of originality.

14. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We must of caught the PH buffet at bad times because the times we were there (lunch and dinner) the food was no better than any other middle of the road buffets in Vegas. The only time we thought the food was OK was during Thanksgiving weekend. Like my son says if you want to eat just to put food in your stomach then there is nothing wrong with GC, Orleans, Flamingo, Paris etc. if we want something special then Wynn, Bellagio or M is the way to go.

p

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  15. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both are pretty good, more variety for sure at PH but the lines are also way longer.

16. Jinx

Jinx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Late entry, as others have said, PH is very good, however I will add that Harrahs buffet is better then average, especially for breakfast.

17. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't eaten at either, but my co-worker went to the PH one this weekend and said it was expensive and gross. For what it's worth...

For the cost of a $30 buffet, you can have a much better sit down meal.

18. KevinSTP

KevinSTP High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did your coworker define "gross" at all? Gross quality wise or gross in that he/she doesn't like ethnic foods? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say the quality was anywhere near gross so i'm assuming it's a subjective deal.

19. gilly from philly

gilly from philly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would have to agree, as I have never heard the PH buffet defined as gross. The PH buffet is far from the best on the strip, I do think that is the best buffet that CET has to offer.

20. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never stayed at harrahs, but for some reason I usually end up at the buffet and coffee shop each trip.....neither place is great, but both are comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. I am looking forward to trying the Paris buffet this trip..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.