1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrah's construction questions

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by 75VWnut, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 75VWnut

75VWnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My family and I (ther are 4 of us)will be staying at Harrah's in eight days and, because of this board, are well aware of the construction going on around the resort. The questions we have are about the shuttle and taxi service.

1) We would like to take the free shuttle from the resort to the Rio; with all the construction going on, does it still pick up riders at the old location?

2)Friday night we are planning on going to Excalibur for "Tournament of Kings"; would it be better to take a taxi or should we take the monorail?

2. erzeszut

erzeszut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    (1) The back side of Harrah's, where the Rio's shuttle picks up, has been unaffected by the LINQ construction, as far as I know.

(2) You can take the monorail from Harrah's to MGM, and walk to the Excalibur. But it's a fairly long walk; depending on how fast you walk, it could easily take 20-25 minutes. If time or the length of the walk is a concern, a taxi should only be $10 or less (and actually, that's cheaper than the monorail will be for 4 of you, I've just realized!)

3. 75VWnut

75VWnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Re:

Thank you Erzeszut

4. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was at Harrahs last week. I did not find it affected by the Linq project at this time at all. Shuttle is where it has always been. Friday night taxi could take awhile but then again monorail passes for 4 is not cheap either...take the cab it will probably be the same price as 4 for the monorail. We have stayed at Harrahs last April and last week and enjoy the property very much. Have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.