1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Handshake at xs?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by mtm103, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtm103

mtm103 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey

Was told $500 minimum handshake for a table for a couple at xs on a Monday night does that seem reasonable to you? Thought it sounded a lot but if that is what it is. . . Now debating if worth it.

Thanks

2. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    go to marque instead and buy a general admission ticket or stay at cosmo to get in much easier

its monday nite in vegas you wont have a problem getting in ,dress nice and if your a large group of guys split your self

monday is marque nite in vegas

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  3. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $500 minimum for a seat? Do you hate money?

This is why the following phrase was invented:
    "A fool and his money are soon parted"

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suggest checking out the Jack Colton site for solid clubbing info... traditionally not much club-related chatter here... now if you wanna discuss if it's safe to walk outside downtown or your dislike for resort fees, this is the spot!

5. mtm103

mtm103 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah ah I know I was checking if it sounded normal! No way are we spending that much. I thought I better check here too if anyone else paid that much. Thanks

6. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry dude. I was joking but that probably sounded a bit harsh. Its your cash and you are free to spend it how you see fit.

I know I've done some pretty stupid things with my own money over the years.

No doubt, the club you mentioned (xs) is hot.

7. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    go to marque on monday .. either show up early or after 12.30 should brezze right in.:nworthy:

guys are 30$ each

8. mtm103

mtm103 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, you are totally right $500 is way too much. I was hoping someone would come along and say "no way, I paid $100 handshake and got a table", but seen as I got the $500 from the jack colton website then must be right. I would never normally pay that sort of money, but thought, heck, we are in vegas, it is our honeymoon, we don't go on holiday (we have a toddler) maybe $100 is fair.. but $500? I can't justify that sort of money
    Thanks

9. mtm103

mtm103 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, we weren't really bothered about a nightclub really (staying in encore tower rooms, and thought xs would be ok) as I am in my early 30s, husband to be in his 40s, and can't remember the last time we went clubbing, might be looking for a lounge or something instead! Thanks

10. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup: you staying at wynn or encore go to concergie they can set you up usually with free passes espcial if thers a girl in your party ,if they comp you inn then give the conceerge a 20$ as a thank you ,much easier

11. mtm103

mtm103 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I am a girl, and hopefully, not a total munter, so will try that approach! will only be for me and my husband.

12. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    should be no problem as i said monday is more a marque nite so xs should be a breeze and ive delt with the concierges at the wyyn and they will hook you up ,i think you might get there by 11 pm but they will let you know the detials, much better than a 500$ handshake:thumbsup::thumbsup:

dont bother with a host or promoter save your money for drinks.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

13. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if its open on Mondays but if you want a nice lounge/club atmosphere that isnt over the top at Wynn you might want to look at Tryst. Nice place overlooking the lake and great atmosphere.

14. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thank you for the gift of "munter" which is a fabulous word I will now use liberally!!!!

15. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver Vegas Guru at Infinity

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You put $500, if that's for a bottle/table? yes that is a god deal. Typically they would call it a $500 minimum, which is usually one bottle with tax and tip. Depending on the bottle, that's about right.

16. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    since when is a handshake a table reservations and handshake is an under the table bribe call it what you want it really that is as there was no mention of a bottle or drinks included for the 500$ just a get in ,definatly not worth it .

see the conceirge let them take care of you ,much cheaper. at 500$ you would have to drink around 30 drinks to get to your 500$ worth.

17. mtm103

mtm103 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If only it was a $500 for table minimum!! the table minimum is about $500 + tips and service charges PLUS a $500 handshake.. And all for 2 people... crazyness

18. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep those $500 mins turn out to be $850-$1000 when all is said and done.

19. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver Vegas Guru at Infinity

Trips to Las Vegas:
    table shake

That is the reason I put the ? after. The nightclubs hosts work the door as well, and they can do deals if their tables aren't sold. that's why I said if your getting a table for $500, that's great, if a guy is wanting $500 just to get you a table, then hell no. If you get an amazing deal at a club and they give a great table, I can see $200, but that's for large groups. Just a couple, no way.

I would agree on Tryst, they actually do some real nice couples table service, I think they are doing a bottle of rose champagne and a bottle of vodka for less than $900. Don't quote me on that, but pretty sure.

20. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kinda offtopic but I see a hosts on JC claim they dont even make 50k a year. Considering they are getting $100 minimum handshakes multiple times a night, I really find it hard to believe they dont make a 6 figure income.

Sorry for the random rant lol

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.