1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hammered, Age low 20s, Mirage, 2/24-2-28

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by softballchick, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softballchick

softballchick Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Hello all! Hope you enjoy reading my Trip Report!

Sunday February 24, 2013 "Mirage Day"

Took a spur of the moment trip to Vegas. My bf & I are from Northern Nevada, so we drove to Vegas (which was about a 6 hour drive). We filled up our tank near Reno, NV, got some road snacks, & dropped off our 2-year-old with Family. Switched drivers every couple hours. Had to refill the tank in Beatty,NV. Stopped at Wal-Mart as soon as we arrived into Vegas to stock up on our beverages (case of Budwiser, Red Bull w/J├Ągermeister, & Coke w/Whiskey. We like to get drunk in the hotel room, so we won't spend so much money on drinks out on the Strip. Arrived to the Mirage approximately around 5pm Sunday 2/24. Check-in was super quick. We usually stay at The Quad (previously IP) since we don't usually stay in the room long. But someone had asked us why we never try any other place, so we said "What the heck, let's go for it. Went to our room (requested a low floor) & we got a Strip view & we could see the Volcano. Room was super nice! It appears that the rooms with two queen beds are larger than rooms with one king (we got two queens.) We had to rest after that long drive, so we stayed in the Mirage, gambling on random slots. (We gamble a lot on Slot machines, but I cant tell you how much or on what machines,because I was mostly drunk!) Had dinner at BLT Burger (which in my opinion, is better that Burger Bar) while watching the Oscars. Went back to the room to crash out about 1am.

Monday February 25, 2013 "Drinking Night"

I have never slept soooooo good in my entire life! The bed was super soft & there are so many pillows. :D I woke up about 10:30am & had to get ready. I'm a girl & it takes me forever to get ready. My bf just watched tv while I got ready (both of us drinking). We decided to walk the Strip a bit. Our plan today was to get some food in our bellies at the Rio. I have only been to one buffet ever, and that was in Vegas at the Bacchanal Buffet at Ceasers soon after it opened. Rio Carnival World Buffet has a deal for "Locals" (we arent Vegas locals, but a Nevada local). If you get a players card (Total Rewards), & show your NV I.D., you eat half off. Food was good, didn't hate it, but wouldn't brag about it. After we ate, we caught the free shuttle from the Rio to Harrahs, so we could walk around the Ceasers Forum Shops. I love H&M & Nike town. Got some beers (2 for $5) at an ABC Store & we did our shopping. After that, we returned to our room to drop off our bags (I had to "freshen up my make-up"). We kept drinking, and planned to leave our room about 7pm to enjoy the Nightlife & gamble & walk around. Well.... That never happened. We kept drinking & talking, and drinking & talking and ended up too drunk to walk the Strip. Lol At least we had a good view of the Strip while we hung out in our room! *About midnight we were starving, so we walked to McDonalds (which I don't really remember), got some food, ate, & passed out.*

Tuesday February 26, 2013 "Hangover Day"

I rarely get hungover, but sadly I woke up with a pounding head. I had to shower, dry my hair, put on make-up & get ready for the day so my bf walked over to Panda Express to get us some breakfast. BTW, Chinese is the best hangover food ever, I always get Chinese back home after a hard night of drinking. After we were both done eating, beers in hand, we wanted to go to the Fashion Show mall. We don't have a mall this big back home, so we always make sure this is on our list of things to do. Did some shopping, went to that Wynn to gamble, walked back to the Mirage to drop off our shopping bags, and hopped into a cab to Mandalay Bay. I've always wanted to go to the Shark reef, and since we didn't have any plans, it sounded good. It was amazing to see all the sea life, but it was soooooo humid in there! It was worth the $18 per person. After picking up some souvenirs for our 2-year-old, we hopped on the free tram to the Excalibur & walked to NYNY. Gambled more in there, after we picked up more beers. Felt hungry so we got a hotdog & a pretzel to soak up some of all the alcohol in our bellies. Hopped a cab from NYNY back to the Mirage so we could drop off our shopping bags ONCE AGAIN & get ready to go out at night. We finally make it out of our room on the Strip at nighttime! Yay us! We walked to the Bellagio so we could gamble & watch the fountain show. When we were watching the water show, we saw a truck pulling a trailer with someone singing & playing a piano and a group of showgirls dancing on it, with lights & fire shooting out! *I just figured they were advertising something, you know, Vegas style! Well, we kept walking the Strip & we were in front of the Cosmo & noticed there were no cars driving on the Las Vegas Blvd both ways! Then we saw that same trunk with trailer stop in front of PH. PH had like 40 showgirls in front with a TON of people and photographers and a crowd. Turns out it was Cee Lo Green, arriving to Vegas. He was starting a show there the next night. It was awesome to hear him sing as he stopped in front of PH. After he went inside PH, we crossed over the bridge to PH, stopped at the ABC Store to get (you guessed it) more beers! We gambled a bit more, and desperately needed food in our stomachs, so we stopped at Johnny Rockets in (Harrahs?). It was supposed to our last night in Vegas, but decided to stay one more night. Went to the front desk, & they extended us one more night. Gambled a bit more in the Mirage, ate our food, & who knows what time eventually went to sleep.*

Wednesday February 27, 2013 "Hammered Again Day"

Yay, no hangover for us! I have a hard time remembering this day, because I wasn't even close to being hungover. Yep, still buzzing. Walked over to Chipotle for some yummy burritos w/chips & salsa. Gambled in the Mirage then we walked back to the Belliago to look at the conservatory & snap some pics. Feeling a bit drained, walked back to the Mirage & stayed in our room for a few hours. Slowed down on the drinking, since I wanted to be able to enjoy our last night in Vegas. Got ready, took the free tram from the Mirage to Treasure Island & found the Keno room in TI. I grew up around family playing Keno, but I have never played. Yup, finally at age 22, I finally played one game in Reno right before our Vegas trip & now love it. We spent some time in three playing (also watching some NBA basketball, which we love & watch all the time). Gambled a bit on the slots in TI, took the tram back to the Mirage walked across the street to Harrahs to hit some slots there. Made our way to the Walgreens towards the Venetian to buy some (I know you already know) more beers! Walked back to Harrahs (I think) & got a whole pizza with some wings to take back to our room to eat for dinner. Finished off all our drinks we had in our room and passed out.*

Thursday February 28, 2013

Check out day. Had to wake up at 6am in order to pick up our son at a decent time. Checked out via the text feature, where you text a number. Switched drivers every couple hours, stopped in Beatty at the candy store to pick up some yogurt covered pretzels, gassed up in Tonopah (&got some food from Burger King.) Picked up the little one and made it back home about 3:30 pm.*

Sorry for rambling & being confused about a couple places. Who knows when our next trip will be. Disappointed that we didn't see any shows (wanted to see Terry Fator, but only the expensive tickets were left). Next time we come, we are planning on going clubbing (which is new to us) & possibly visiting a strip club. We actually talked about visiting one, but we were both so hammered it was a good idea we didn't. Hope you all enjoyed reading my trip report!

2. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great report, glad you had fun.

3. jpw711

jpw711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you had a good time and did Vegas right.

Holiday Gift Shoppe
  4. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fun time. You should play myVEGAS game on facebook. I am currently playing that and have redeemed for Terry Fator tickets. Doesn't cost to play, only your time. For me it's worth my time. Heading to my fav sin city in 29 days...woot woot!!:beer:

Always seems so far away............
  5. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, and I have front row tickets. :cheers:

Always seems so far away............
  6. Tellafriend

Tellafriend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Report. Appreciate the hoensty on the beer consumption b/c i know i am not the only one who does it up right in Sin City!

7. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you had lots of fun! I love the quick little get-a-way trips, thanks for taking the time to write it up!

8. tigershark

tigershark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like it was a lot of fun, pretty similar to how my girlfriend and I do it up, we just do a lot more walking. I can't stand paying for cabs when there's a beautiful street for me to walk up and down while drinking.

9. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TR. Nice effort. Got a little 'contact buzz' while reading about your adventure.

later, GVJ

10. softballchick

softballchick Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone!

I have just recently learned of MyVegas, so I definitely will look into it more. :) Tigershark, we usually walk more, but we surely couldn't walk when we were that drunk. :) This trip we did the least amount of walking ever.

11. CrazyMNCatLady

CrazyMNCatLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas done right!

Great trip report- sounds like my kind of trip!

12. sammowhammo

sammowhammo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love how you titled each day that was great.

Sounds like you guys enjoyed yourselves!

13. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool TR thanks for sharing.

How did you do on the slots? Were you up or down overall? Any big hits during free spins?

14. Vegas Dave

Vegas Dave Newbie

6 hours and you stopped in REno? I thought it was at least 8 from there?

15. softballchick

softballchick Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Porstaker- it took us about six & a half hours. Maybe we drive a bit fast. :) Even my Maps app says its about 6.5 hours.
    Dpin- didn't hit much on the slots. I won about $50 on a Wolf Run machine (don't remember what I was betting). And about $90 on Buffalo Run. Ended up down for the whole trip. But those little wins sure did feel good! Oh, and $23 playing Keno.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.