1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hakkasan

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by kollegekreed, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kollegekreed

kollegekreed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was pleasantly surprised to see that two of the "in the moment" DJs are spinning at this club when I'm there this week - Calvin Harris Thursday, Tiesto Friday. I did a quick pricecheck and checked out the Yelp reviews.

At $75 a pop, that would be about 2 1/2 times what I've ever paid to get into a club even for a special entry type thing. Paid $20 for a Halloween party tonight and kind of scrunched up my forehead doing it. The Yelp reviews were NOT kind - rude bouncers, rude ticket people, no organization in the line, and zero room to move when you actually get in. If Im going to spend $75, I'd be looking for a better experience. Anyone been that can contradict the reviews?

2. kollegekreed

kollegekreed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just now realized Zedd is also at XS Friday for same price. Any better/worse? Can't believe the big names for Halloween - if Avicci was in town it would be the capital of EDM...

3. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i went tiesto at hak last year be prepared to not being able to move xs is miles better

4. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver Vegas Guru at Infinity

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hakkasan is the number 1 nightclub in the world, and you get to see a top 5 dj in the world. Get in line early and plan to be shoulder to sholder and walking very slowly, sideways. Or, get a cpl guys, 6 hot ladies and get a table.

5. skcamsmaerd

skcamsmaerd Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From my personal experiance Hakkasan Is setup for table service. Not very much room to walk around. Also, the very clusterfudged in there for people that don't have a table. Very over priced, rude staff. XS Has a way better setup. Nice staff, Overall better bang for your buck. Also, the have the pool open sometimes as the black jack tables. So you can play black jack and enjoy the club scene. Depending on what night, they have bottle special for like $300 for a vodka and champagne. Just my 2 cents.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I am way too old and way not cool.

Why do these big name DJ's get so much money? After all, somebody could just play prerecorded soundtrack with the same music, eh?

7. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    david guetta has does a lot of pre recorded sets seen videos where the turntable arnet even set up

8. PayTriple

PayTriple The Cucumber King

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because it is show business, and they draw in the paying crowds.

Think about it this way.

Movies stars work on a movie, so they put in some initial hours.
    DJs work on their music/sets, so they put in some initial hours.

When you go to a movie theater, the movie stars aren't even there! Yet they rake in the box office.
    When you go to a nightclub, at least the DJ is there, even if the set is prerecorded.

9. lasvegas_limo_driver

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hit the clubs 6 sometimes 7 nights a week. Sometimes I see Tiesto, or calvin harris twice a week and it's always different. People spend outrageous money to see concerts or go to festivals where it's the same every time. Some ppl look at EDM djs as guus putting sounds down. It really takes alot of trial and error and some talent to lay down a great track.

10. kollegekreed

kollegekreed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably should have mentioned...gay guy going to Vegas solo. Probably only a small chance of six ladies for a table ;)

11. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas is all about excess. Big names demand big $$$!!!

I agree with skc's post above. Will never do Hak w/o a table. XS is the better set up.

Life at SLS has R3HAB performing on Halloween also. Newest club on the block and he does a very solid set.

Quintino at Drais will be really good also.

12. valdimarj

valdimarj Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to Hakkasan to see Tiesto first weekend in October, my first time there.

Agree with the comments here, the place has a very stupid layout. Basically if you don't have a table you are f**** .. There is almost no place for you to be, see the dance floor, sit/stand or anything if you don't have a table. The staff was also very rude on numerous occasions to just about everybody.

I would not go here in a group unless I had a table, unless it was a slow night. But having said that, I think this place could be utterly amazing if you have a (good) table - but be prepared to spend hefty amount of $ for prime location. But if you are in a group and don't have a table you will probably not have a good time on a packed night.

13. lasvegas_limo_driver

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Clubs have changed, but not for the better. Imo. The old layout of studio 54 was more open. They took outva wall here, add one here, put skyboxes in. I think clubs in next cpl years will go back to 2 big venues with more dance floor and less tables.

14. torontopimp

torontopimp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am from Toronto and next to San Fran it is the gay capital of North America. My gay buddies always travel with a pack of super good looking women.

My guess is you should have no problem wrangling a bunch of hotties during the day to help out with a table. The girls will feel a lot safer at a table with you than with some random straight guys trying to bang them all night.

15. kollegekreed

kollegekreed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I figured I'd swing back by and say that I did not end up even trying to check out any of these clubs. The gambling bug had a much stronger pull this time than I had expected. I did go see Britney Spears one night...closest I got to nightlife.

I did almost go see Calvin Harris, but by the time I went to prebuy my same day club ticket, it was up to $126 with fees for guys. There was absolutely no way I was paying that to get in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.