1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

guns and roses hard review sunday nite

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by paperposter, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    went sunday late nite , he went on at 12.25 for an 11.45 show
    played for 2.30 hours last time they played for over 3 hours.

greatest hits show

way to loud

to many cover tunes and guitar solos by people nobody wanted to see or hear otherwise for free or cheap its a fun nite

shows arent realy selling

over fun time for whats its worth

same show basicly every nite

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  2. NeonAndBeach

NeonAndBeach Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting as that imposter guitarist of theirs (DJ Ashba) was raving in the press all week how no two shows would be the same and everything would be spontaneous.

This is not Guns N Roses. This is a cover band playing G'N'R songs that happens to be fronted by the original lead singer.

3. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i compared the posted openning nite set list to mine it was basicaly the same , i think maybe they drpooed one song but pretty sure excatly the same show.

same 3 encores

same oppening

the venue had a problem getting people into the place it took a couple hours to get in, pat downs, metal dectors, empty your pockets.

but basicaly same show theve been doing for years

for free what the hell

yes its fake gnr, i started seeing them in 87 but i was free sunday so i went actualy had a few extra free tickets that went dead

4. thunderdave

thunderdave Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was a HUGE GnR fan when they were new and fresh, but being in my mid 40's, there's no way in hell I would want to see a show that starts after midnight (add 2 hours for Central time).
    Don't they realize their target market is old now, and can't stay up that late anymore?
    (insert head banging emoticon)

5. kinkette

kinkette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL - I love this!! Thanks for the smile :)

1st time @ The Bellagio!!! Yay me :)
  6. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i actually like the late show as long as they go on an time and from what im hearing they are in fact shock be axl went on 5 minutes early the other nite, the reason for the last sunday was the vunues fault not his for once, it was funny he comment about the audiunce being late and he was bored so he started a riot in his dressing room just to pas time, it was pretty funny

7. parallax

parallax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember in 1992 GNR some how ended up in Blacksburg VA. About midnight Slash and Duff walked into the bar that my girlfriend, her friend and I were having drinks. It was early in the week so the place was empty and were throwing darts. Slash started talking to my girlfriend's friend who was from the UK. I guess Slash was born in the UK and had spent part of childhood growing up there and so they were chatting about the UK. We ended up throwing darts with them for about an hour. On occasion, they would talk amongst themselves about how big a jerk Axl was. It was easy to overhear. It was apparent they were pissed about something he had done.

It was an interesting experience. They offered tickets to a show but it was in Baltimore or DC so we declined.

8. ihatesnow

ihatesnow Tourist

I went Saturday night; similar story. From 10-10:45 sharp, opening band. Axl went on at 11:25 and they played until 2. Good song mix for the setlist. The show is slick and rehearsed - not spontaneous. Not ridiculously loud in the balcony, but I used ear plugs anyway. Sound was solid.

I was too young to see the real GNR back in the day and yeah, this is the Axl Rose Band under a more popular moniker. But, Axl has quality musicians and it was fun to see/hear all the Axl-isms in person. I'd go again. There was also a sign going into The Joint that you could earn a comp ticket by racking up 3,000(?) points, so if you're interested, check with the Backstage Pass club for details.

9. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sadly this is SO true! I might be up, but I don't want to be standing :yawn:

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw the original band twice, as a warm up to Aerosmith and their first show on the Use Your Illusion Tour (Skid Row opened). Both times great. And loud of course. They SHOULD be loud. They were the second loudest concert I've been to (and I've seen every metal/hard rock act). AC/DC was the loudest.

I have no interest in seeing this version, it's a shame what happened to GNR. Not surprising but still a shame.

11. parallax

parallax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked their early stuff (Appetite for Destruction) as they were a breath of fresh air from all the crappy hair metal bands but by the time Use Your Illusion came around I was no longer interested. By then, I was into the Seattle sound and acts like Nirvana, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains. I haven't really followed them since 91 or 92. However, I would see them if they band was reconstituted with the original members.

12. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    theres a differnce between being loud and not being able to tell the diffrence between the differnt instruments and its distorted from being to loud

13. weekapaug74

weekapaug74 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in Vegas next week and am considering going to see GnR.

Are there discounted tickets available anywhere?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.