1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Groupon Vs Living social

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by sco5123, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had any problems with either of them?

2. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had trouble with Living Social. Horrible customer service when a retailer would not honor a coupon. They told me as a "one time only" gesture, they would allow me to use what I paid for the coupon, to buy another coupon. They made it sound like I had done something wrong, like letting it expire or something. I told them I wanted my money back, as I did nothing wrong. From there it went downhill, with me finally turning them over to the BBB. Shortly after that, they returned my money. Just in my own opinion, they do not vet their vendors very carefully either, so they have more of a shady group than groupon. Just my own feelings, nothing to back that up.

I have never had trouble with Groupon.

3. cloudi63

cloudi63 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The deals on both sites just aren't worth the frustrations!

4. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to disagree with this. I have used many many many...many Groupons that worked out fine. Also a few Living Social ones before I ran into trouble with them. There was no frustration. It probably depends upon what you are using it for, and the amount of savings.

5. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used a lot of Groupons and have been very happy with them. I had one incident with a Groupon where the product I received wasn't exactly as advertised (but close). Groupon immediately refunded my money - no questions asked. I think their policy is to refund your money if you are not completely happy, for any reason. Excellent customer service!

I've only used Living Social a few times, but have had no issues.

- Linda in TX

6. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh ok, I asked because I have had two Living social vouchers where the vendors were fully booked when I was out in Vegas and were booked for weeks out. I called them for a refund and they told me that they were not responsible for me not booking far ahead in advance. I proceeded to tell them that I attempted to call the vendor several times before they returned a call days later. We went back and forth by email with the customer service rep saying that there was nothing they could do, and they could not give a refund. I told them that the service I paid for was unavailable to me so I had a right to a refund otherwise I would make sure that if they did not refund me, I would take further actions to have every single customer they ever had refunded.

Without further response, a couple days later a refund was back in my account.

Thus far, Groupon rocks!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.