1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

group trip looking for advice.

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by cliffdog, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cliffdog

cliffdog Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well leaving on tuesday 08/05 for 5 days in Vegas. We are trying to find the best Grand Canyon tour options. Group of 10 would prefer just us and alcohol is a must!! :beer: I was also curious if anyone has done the high roller open bar>??? we got a group that can put down a 6 pack or 3 or 4 cocktails in 30 minutes just curious if the drinks are limited or if it is truly an open bar for the 30 minute ride just figure for 24.95 gotta be a catch.

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what you want in a grand canyon tour (10 people, just your group, alcohol) you should probably look in to the limo companies.

Renting a Limo (stretch car, SUV, Hummer or even a shuttle bus) is going to sound expensive (around $120-130 per hour for something like 11-14 hours) but if you go by a tour bus its still going to cost you around $800-1000 for ten people or by helicopter you are probably looking at $3-4K for the same ten.

Another advantage to the limo rental is if you go by tour bus you are on their schedule (leave at 6-7AM, back around 9PM) and stop where they have stops set up... if you have your own car/shuttle you can have it pick you up when you want to go, maybe stop somewhere for breakfast and then hit a liquor store to load up on drinks and then if you see something on the way there or back ask the driver to pull over, driver can take group pictures of you, etc.

I have no experience with the High Roller open bar, but it doesn't sound like there is a catch to me: for $25 you might say "I can drink a 6 pack, or 3-4 cocktails, in 30 minutes" but then the majority of people can't/won't drink that much and the cost to them isn't that expensive: buying by the pallet they can get beer for $0.40 to $1.20 a bottle and even for liquor if you use something like Grey Goose as the measuring point, since it still seems to be the pinnacle of overpriced Las Vegas liquor, that really only costs them about $2 a shot wholesale - and thats if they did Grey Goose. Something like Smirnoff or Absolut would be about $1 per shot in cost to them and the generic cheap vodka would be even less than that.

3. cliffdog

cliffdog Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for your help and advice!!!!

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There aren't bars in the pods, so you would only be able to take one, maybe 2 drinks with you on the ride. If I'm not mistaken, the "open bar" part is pre-ride.

5. mrem3200

mrem3200 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On their website for the happy hour option it does say the open bar is inside the cabin.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh man... That just sounds like a bad idea... and messy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.