1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Group golf trip in Vegas - suggestions/advice?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Nevyn, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i guess that's available, but who would do that if they knew they were playing? it's not hard to pack your shoes even if you're planning on renting clubs. shoes would come in handy if you weren't planning on playing and got an invite when you were already there with no gear.

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ours is not to wonder why ...

Just providing info.

3. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on where you're at. $500 R/T with all of the airport improvement fees ($25 in Canada instead of $3-$6 in the U.S.) is a reasonable super-saver fare. $600 or $700 isn't uncommon. Obviously $250 R/T flights in the U.S. can still be found, but the typical flight is $350 - $400 in advance, right? But by the time you drive to your U.S. departure point, clear Customs, parking costs...what have you saved? A couple/three years ago WestJet had some super-cheap flights (that Air Canada matched of course), but they gave up that strategy. So...a small difference when planning a trip like this.

Hotels in Canada (at least out west) don't have the luxury of relying on an ample labour force supply, so expect rooms to run $125/night up here. That's for a Best Western/Holiday Inn. $80 for a Motel 6. Plus taxes. That can lead to some better value opportunities than the flight side in these desert locations if you're staying a few days, especially if you're looking for 3* or better.

The 12th and 13th largest airports in Canada are South Vancouver Gateway (aka Bellingham) and Far West Ontario Global Skyport (aka Detroit). No one knows for sure where South Toronto International (Buffalo) ranks - best guess is 9th largest, but could be 7th or 8th. Definitely Ontario's third largest airport. So there are cheaper airfares down south...all depends where and when.

4. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like bowling? Or, "free shoes - yours to keep - with every round"? Wouldn't expect that from a $500/round course...then again, I've always wondered what folks do. I assume that's what the $$$ pro shop is there for; at Shadow Creek I guess they take care of that.

Yes, I can/would pack my shoes, even in carry-on. Haven't before, but never thought I might get a free round of golf in Vegas. Nothing against Vegas courses, but free is typically the value I'd put on golf while I was in Vegas. Other distractions of greater interest for me....

5. Bruinfan1

Bruinfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If budget is a concern, skip everything east of Vancouver. Short golf season means high prices at most courses, very high prices at the great courses, and very few discounts. Who needs discounts when you're pushing foursomes out every seven minutes? Even Kelowna/Vernon has high rates from mid-April on. Vancouver is expensive because...it's Vancouver. But Victoria, off-season, still has good value IMO.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.