1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Greetings from the Queen City on the Ohio!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by hotreds, Jul 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotreds

hotreds VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A retired old fart that just went to Vegas for the first time. First trip west, in fact, and boy did we(my wife and I) put a whole lot of seeing in the week or so we were out west. Landed in Phoenix, spent the night in Kingman, visited the Route 66 Museum. Drove to Vegas. Saw three shows, took the Hoover Dam/Lake Meade tour/cruise. Also took the Big Bus strip tour, and walked Fremont Street.(During the day, alas!) Then drove to Flagstaff, Sedona, and back to Phoenix. Need a vaca from the vaca. The heat didn't really bother us, as we're used to 90/90 so 115/20 isn't so bad! Really loved Vegas once we got our bearings. A bit overwhelming at first blush! But, there is so much to do, and we didn't have a whole lotta time. I actually got to gamble for 1/2 hour the day we left and won $60 at Blackjack. The pit boss was handing out comps, but alas I was leaving! Will hafta make time early on next visit to be able to accept the comps. A bit annoying to be constantly bombarded by the time share folks- and they sure did offer some fine deals, but we turned them down. These folks are excellent hard sellers, but I know some people that take advantage of their freebies and simply stay stuck on "no" for the entire pitch! We hope to go back in Feb!

Quick question: Am I better off using the Vegas.com site for hotel/air packages, or doing it myself? Happy to be here!

[​IMG]

A/C in December!?
    Will give them a try!
  2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! Where did you stay this trip? Did you use a players card? You should receive offers from your play / visit for next time. Since our 1st trip many years ago, we have offers of free rooms for each trip so just watch for good prices on airfare. Good luck!!

3. hotreds

hotreds VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank-you! Harrah's.

A/C in December!?
    Will give them a try!
  4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome!!! That picture never gets old to me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.