1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Greetings from the Mile High City

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by GamblersUnite, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GamblersUnite

GamblersUnite Newbie

Apr 7, 2014
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Howdy fine friends,

My name is Ryan, and I'm a 28 year old Vegas lover from Denver. I have been to Vegas about a dozen times, and usually post to poker boards regarding trip reports. However, as I am getting a little bored reading the same bad beat stories over and over, and have branched out a bit more in the last couple years... I decided to join this board to discuss ALL things Vegas.

I am set to return to Mecca in 48 hours... Wednesday, April 9th - Sunday, April 13th. Be on the lookout for my live TR as I tear up Vegas to celebrate my 28th year of existence. I'm meeting two cousins in town, also celebrating birthdays.

Of all my trips, this one has all the makings of being the most EPIC of all epic'ness'. Staying on a comp at Cosmo in a terrace studio for two nights (crossing my fingers my fountain view request doesn't fall on deaf ears), followed by two additional nights at Hilton GV.

I will beat my cousins by a day so I am going to see Mystere on Wednesday night. On Saturday, we have the coolest double feature ever: Pacquiao vs Bradley live at MGM... followed by Jay Leno at the Mirage. CAN'T WAIT!

I work in PR for a living, as well as DJ on the side.

Gambling budget for this trip: $3500

My games:
    Poker.. as you may have gathered. I like tournaments but will play cash games late if I can sniff out the drunks.
    Sports betting: My favorite past time.
    Craps- usually play the Don't. Sorry.. it's not you. It's math
    Roulette- $100 blacks get me in the mood
    BJ- Basic strategy and fingers crossed.
    $0.25/$1 Wheel of Fortune slots. "BUMMMM, BEEEEEEP, BUMMMM, BEEEEEEP. Clackclackclackclackclackclackclackclackclackclackclack"

Never played pennies but I'm gonna give it a shot this trip. After playing Myvegas on FB, and watching copious YouTube videos with spin bonuses.. I gotta try.

Also on the docket:

Lion's Share donation at MGM
    Dinner at Carnevino on night #1.
    Bacchanal Buffet at Caesar's
    Karaoke (I sing one song and one song only. NYNY by Ol' Blue Eyes)
    Beer pong at the newly relocated O'Shea's.

On a sadder note... I was in Vegas for the Broncos debacle that was the Super Bowl (Omaha!). I spent the entire evening bundled up in my complimentary Trump robe in the fetal position. The minute my plane departed from McCarran.. I was already planning my revenge.

I love talking Vegas and am happy to have joined the board. Looking forward to the trip this week, and can't wait to share the details. Until then, happy gambling!

Ryan from Denver
  2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Apr 19, 2004
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Ryan & welcome to the board!! Love it when newbies are LV vets and can share their expertise. Looking forward to your live posts.....have a great time & hope you win big!!!!
  3. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Jun 30, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Good luck on your trip. We will all be watching for that trip report. Nothing better than a good trip report if you can't be there yourself. Welcome aboard. :thumbsup:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.