1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Greek/Cypriot Food

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Dearns, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dearns

Dearns Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I are travelling to Vegas in 4 weeks and one of our favourite foods is Greek/Cypriot (my wife used to live in Cyprus). Does anyone know of any of these type of restaurants where we can grab a gyro or traditional Greek meal? It would have to be on/near the strip as we won't be hiring a car.

2. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

There is a Greek place in the Fashion Show Mall food court. I haven't tried it myself so I can't tell you how it is, but their Yelp reviews are decent. The Mad Greek used to have a location on the strip, but it is no longer listed on their website so I don't know if it is still there or not. I've eaten at the Baker location and I thought it was OK. One member of our group is a huge fan of Greek food and said nothing tasted like it was supposed to. Keep in mind the Baker and Primm locations have a limited Greek menu.

The only other Greek place I can think of on the strip is Milos, but that is more high end and not a place to grab a quick gyro.

3. waverunner

waverunner BBHMM

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "Greek Island Cafe" in the Food Court is pretty good. I've been there a few times and they have a lunch special which includes a Gyro (lamb, beef, etc), fries, and drink. It's great for a quick lunch, i will probably stop by again in two weeks.
    If you feel like taking a quick bus ride to Maryland Pkwy there are 2 places you could go right near UNLV.........Stephano's and Paymon's just off Flamingo.

4. Kickin

Kickin Flea

There's an Estiatoria Milos in Cosmopolitan. I haven't been to that one but been to the one on NYC a couple times and its always good. It's Greek but primarily seafood oriented so may not suit you. They do lamb but not gyros, its a bit more upscale than that. Unfortunately there is no Greek place on the strip I could ever find that does traditional souvlaki, bifteki, kebabs, moussaka, etc. Even the Mediterranean sections of buffets are weak on that stuff and just serve up simple and fairly tasteless kebabs, hummus, the worst dolmades and call it Greek food.

5. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree just do Milos @Cosmo otherwise u will be disappointed. Its a fine dining place but they do a lunch deal for about 20pp and its a 3 course meal not including drinks. Its probably the best food deal in Vegas at least that i know of and its definitely worth a visit or two.

6. Dearns

Dearns Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone - we will probably pop to the Greek Island Cafe for a quick lunch if we're up that end and go to Milos one day too. I'm not really a seafood eater but if it's as good as I've heard everyone say I'll give them a chance to convert me!

Just hearing some of those Greek dishes is taking me back to Greece! My personal favourite is stifado. Nothing worse than places that put some meat on a skewer and grill the life out of it than call it traditional Greek.

7. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

You could take the bus to Fat Greek on Flamingo at Decatur. I haven't found better Greek eats. Believe me, I've tried.

8. Dearns

Dearns Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks that looks good. I'm onto the bus timetables already!

9. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm, thanks for asking this question, The Fat Greek looks pretty good. Of course, now I am really hungry and craving! Years ago, I spent a glorius 3 hours zipping around Cyprus on a moped, I was taking the ferry between Piraeus and Haifa. Great time and always said I would make it back to Cyprus for a real visit but hasn't happened, YET!

10. Dearns

Dearns Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been to Cyprus but visited Kardamena on the Greek island of Kos and it is a beautiful place. The people are so friendly and laid back and the landscapes and views are breathtaking. We ate well everyday and became regulars at a restaurant which was basically a little kitchen with outside seating where the host's wife and mother were cooking downstairs. Absolutely fantastic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.