1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Great steak restaurants that also do good veggie food?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by owenmc60, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a ravenous carnivore, however unfortunately my girlfriend is at the other end of the scale (rabbit food and such :evillaugh ). So I want to go to a really tasty steak restaurant that also caters well for the type of eaters who forget what incisors were designed for :evillaugh

Doe's anyone have some food suggestions for a veggie-friendly steakhouse on The Strip? Thanks in advance :beer:

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How “veggie” do you need? If you’re just looking for non-steak options (chicken, fish, etc.) and great sides, salads, soups and the like, I’ve always been impressed with the non-steak part of my meals at Craftsteak (and the steaks are excellent as well).

If you need to go full-veggie, you might want to check out Wynncore’s options. I know all the restaurants there have vegan menus. I can definitely vouch for the steaks at SW, they are excellent. I was less impressed with Country Club (though, I think I might be in the minority – it gets good reviews on this board) and I haven’t been to Botero. I’ve not tried any of the hippie food at any of these places, though. So all I can recommend is the steak.

3. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Outside of Wynncore your options are slim... Unless she is cool with salad and sides (most steakhouse soups have a meat base, no bueno for veg) then she will be fine almost anywhere. Just make sure she confirms that there is no meat in the dish she wants when you order, duh...

My wife does meat and I've been a veg for over twenty years, salad and sides get old for me after a while and portobello "burgers" mean the place isn't even trying! I'm talking to you Gordon Ramsey!

Best of luck and if you find a gem I'd love to know about it!

4. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She's a Pescetarian (aka a fake veggie hehe). So she can handle some fish. Love the reference to 'hippy food', I tend to refer to her veggie tendencies as either 'rabbit food' or 'hippy shite' :evillaugh . I'll have a look into those suggestions, thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions, it looks like Wynncore's options are the best, so I'll check that out. Otherwise she can go off with her sister and I'll grab a fat, juicy steak with her sis's bf! haha!

5. iluv2fish

iluv2fish Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If she's willing to eat seafood, she should have no problem at most steak places. The majority of them offer some sort of seafood dish. My husband loves a good steak, but I don't eat meat. I will eat shellfish at a restaurant, so we have had good luck at some French restaurants like Alize, Andre's, and the Eiffel Tower. He can have his steak and I can find something besides a salad and side of veggies. You also might want to consider some high end Italian restaurants. You may be able to get a steak and she will have many options.

6. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that advice. She does eat some fish, but she's very picky. She won't touch shellfish and only likes white fish really. It sounds like there's some good options though and we'll have a look into it :thumbsup:

7. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget you can find almost every menu online! Makes it a tad easier if you have to plan meals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.