1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Grazie points calculation on each machine???

Discussion in 'Comps' started by VegasChic-, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everyone! I'm still trying to figure out the Grazie program. I know that it's been said it's easy to figure out the hold on the slots at V/P since the points earned at each machine are based on the THEO calculation.

Can anyone comment on the countdown timer once the Grazie card is inserted in a given machine? I seem to recall that each time I inserted my card, a different starting amount would show on the countdown, and it moved in varying chunks - but I never did make sense of what machine was giving more/less points for an equal bet going in. It would seem easy if the countdown started the same at each machine, but I don't think it did nor did it reduce by equal amounts.

Has anyone figured out what the initial countdown means for each machine and how to determine the holds while you are playing a particular machine?

Thanks!

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started to do a long explanation of the calc and then realized I hadn't played at V/P in so long that I don't remember what the countdown timers there look like.

But say they work like CET's and display the number of cents you have to bet in order to earn the next Tier Credit or Slot Point.

Since earning both varies by the theo of a machine, then it could display one number when you took the card out of a machine, and display a different one when you put in a another, IF that 2nd machine had a different theo.

So say you just earned a round Tier Credit. And say it takes $1 of theo to earn a Tier Credit.

If you are at a machine with a 10% hold, then the coundown timer should say 1,000 ($1 divided by 0.0010), or $10
    If you are at a machine with a 7.5% hold, then it would say 1,333 ($1 divided by 0.00075), or $13.33

If you were at the 10% machine and started at 1,000, played $5 through, as you took your card out of that machine, the countdown would be 500. If you moved over to a 7.5% machine and stuck your card in, it would say 667.

IF the countdown timers at V/P display the amount of money you have to be to get the next point/whatever, then they should go down consistently based on the amount of money you bet, regardless of machine % - they should go down 100 for every $1 you bet. But, they won't all reset to the same number each time you earn a point.

3. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you Chuck, I was actually thinking of you when I wrote the post - should have just pm'd you as I figured you would know this one!

Makes total sense - it was the different starting countdown that was so confusing - plus there was also the residual balance from previous machines being carried to the next one to complicate things.

I'll let you know if your theory still holds true at V/P - but I suspect it will!

Thanks again~

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.