1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

gray lines deluxe hoover dam tour

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by eltotaupin, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eltotaupin

eltotaupin Low-Roller

Through my work a company offers discounted tickets and one is a deluxe tour to hoover dam with free Laughlin tour. Anyone ever do this and is it worth it?

2. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took the Gray Line express tour on my first trip. It stopped at the Ocean Spray Distribution Center (interesting) and then on to the Dam. Went to the bottom and worked our way up (pre 9-11) . Left around noon (they pick you up at your hotel and shuttle you to their barn to board the coaches) and supposed to be at the bus to return at 5 or 6. I took the trip on the recommondatin of a friend and really went to get off my feet! It was awesome! Nice to go somewhere sometimes and expect little and get surprised.

The Delux part must be the addition of Laughlin. I say yes, to........unless this is your first trip to LV. Then, it might be better to see more of the hotels, downtown etc.

Jimbo338

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the same thing pre 9/11. The stop at Cranberry World was a huge waste of time but the tour was great. Then I went again last April (not Grayline). Good time but keep in mind that these tours include the Powerplant tour only. But not the "regular" tour. The regular tour is an hour long but tix can't be purchased in advance, only on site the day you are there. So you won't be able to do that tour unless you drive yourself. But the Powerplant tour is fun, takes a half hour.

As for which tour company is best I'd just go with the cheapest. They all get you to the damn, they all (or almost all) include the Powerplan tour in the price. Some do make another stop or two while others are "express" and just go to the dam and back. There is usually one on Groupon, that's what we did in April. I forgot which company it was but it was $29 on Groupon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.