1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Grand Canyon

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by billydice, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billydice

billydice Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to Vegas in early Nov for a friends wedding. My wife really wants to go to the Grand Canyon this is our 4th vegas trip. Can anyone give me some advice on going to the Canyon?

Thanks in advance...

2. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends how you want to do it, you can do the fly over the Canyon that most tour companies do or you can also go by road but I think it is a very long day doing it that way.
    When we went we used Maverick helicopter tours and did the tour that actually lands in part of the Canyon and you get some time to have a wander around and take some pictures, Maverick are not the cheapest company but they are very good.

3. Guy

Guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did a tour with 'Grand Adventures' who use a van rather than a coach. On the journey out to the Canyon you stop several times, (breakfast, Hoover Dam, toilet/petrol stop and Seligman, AZ (Route 66 Tourist Trap)) so it doesn't seem too long.

With the smaller group it is easy to make conversation with everyone rather than sitting in silence.

It is a long day (13-14hrs) but didn't seem like it.

4. NickyDim

NickyDim VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did it a few years back. Scenic Airlines out of Boulder City Airport, transferred provided from hotel, 1 hour flight to GC airport, 2 different stops at the rim(1 hour apiece) including Bright Angel lodge, buffet lunch included, and returned to hotel all within 6 hours. If you don't mind a small 10 seat plane it's great. It'll run you about $250 each. They offer different types of tours, including plane/helicopter/boat combos.

edit: scenic tours link

We had a great time, adventurous flight if you don't mind type of plane.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.