1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Grand Canyon Helicopter tour

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Christie28, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christie28

Christie28 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi I am traveling to vegas in july with 3 others. we are looking at going to visit the Grand Canyon via helicopter. Can anyone give me any advice on prices and where to purchase. Am I cheaper buying before I fly or wait until I arrive?

Thanks chris

2. TomTWI

TomTWI High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maverick is a very good outfit. (My nephew works for them) Looks like prices start around $420 and go up depending on what you want. Linq is below.

http://maverickhelicopter39-px.rtrk.com/

TomTWI

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maverick Dream Catcher is awesome.

4. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah agree with others that Mavericks is the way to go if you are doing the helicopter thing. Beware that all helicopter tours take you into the west rim and not the north or south rim where the more spectacular views are.

5. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am doing the Maverick Wind Dancer on Saturday morning. I'll let you know how it is...

6. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just adding my opinion. I took a plane ride to the south rim...the views were beyond words. The plane route to the south rim actually flies over the Indian reservation with the "glass walkway" viewing area....IMO I would not WASTE over $400 to see that Limited view as compared to what you would see viewing the south rim. If at all possible spend the extra money and get to see the south rim. Here is the trip my wife and I went on...

http://www.canyontours.com/grand-canyon-south-rim-deluxe-air-ground-tour/

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, over $400? Nah, I would rather watch someone's video of the flight. Besides, I'm not sure if I won't puke on the flight (I sometimes have vertigo) so it might not be worth to pay so much and get sick.

8. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally agree with you about the views. However the helicopter tour is a totally different experience especially if you never been on one before. You really won't spend much time in the canyons at all, but still i think its worth the money and Mavericks does a great job of entertaining you.

9. Christie28

Christie28 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for your quick responses we are currently looking at the maverick silver cloud trip

10. TomTWI

TomTWI High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your welcome, if you take the tour come back and let us know how it went please.

TomTWI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.