1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Grand Canyon Bus Tour

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by mafig, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mafig

mafig Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're interested in doing a tour of the South Rim of the Grand Canyon by bus. We do not want to rent a car and drive.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what bus-tour company to take?

Grand-Adventures gets good reviews, however, it's more expensive and while most people seem to feel going in a small van with a small group is a plus, I don't. I'd prefer a bus where there's a rest room with comfortable seats (Grand Adventures sounds like they use a regular van....I don't think that's comfortable for a 5 hour, one way trip.)

Any thoughts or recommendations?

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took the South Rim tour from Grand Canyon Tour Company and liked it fine. Price is more than reasonable, it is big busses.

3. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just came back this week and took a Grand Canyon Tour on Sunday -- the south rim. It is a little exhausting even in a bus We used Sweet tours -- here is a link to their website.

http://gc.tours/grandcanyonbustours/#bus-tours

It was $75 a person and included a light breakfast and box lunch. You get stops along the way and the way back so it breaks up the sitting time. The driver was wonderful. Very informative and they really give you all the options once you get to the canyon. The walking trail we took was 2 and 1/2 miles around the rim. Very easy paved trail. They pick you up at your hotel -- or one close to yours. First on a small shuttle than you meet at a mall where you board the larger bus. You get a quick stop at the Hoover Dam and then a quick stop in Kingman and again in Seligman where you can shop at a Route 66 gift shop and take photos. There are probably other good tour companies out there too.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  4. JCW

JCW Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds nice, but how long was the trip from start to finish?

5. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The trip lasts around 14 hours total. We got picked up at 6:40 AM and got back around 9 pm. I still got a few hours of VP in after we got back.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  6. mafig

mafig Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All good suggestions, thank you!

However, my husband wants to rent a car and drive. Wants to spend more time on Route 66.

Thanks again.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of driving without much to see. And of course, that cuts into drinking LOL!

Seriously, if you can spend a bit more, do a helo trip. You land halfway down in the canyon. You do not have to deal with a long drive. You get to see so much more. We loved it!

8. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the whole helicopter experience and had a fun half a day going thru mavericks. But as far as experience the Grand Canyon its pretty worthless since you don't even go into the national park. Also the view is nice but far less impressive then north/south rim so i would only recommend this if you already been before. As you mentioned its nice to land half way down and get out for a little bit but west rim aint exactly the same. I would enjoy the helicopter ride going pretty much anywhere but wouldn't recommend it if your purpose is to see the Grand Canyon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.