1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Grand Bazaar at Ballys

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Darvin, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. Junk shops is a good description. That area had been the same for many. many years. And when they finally decide to make a change it's as if they spent virtually no time planning it other than "we need shopping". The Cabo Wabo idea is a good one.

2. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well described, "Flea Market" was my first and only impression after walking through it with frank67 about 6 weeks ago.

3. Ike

Ike Low-Roller

I went there in March and May. The stores are crap but I saw improvements on the second trip. There were about 6 street food setups lining the middle of the walkways. There were some interesting options and the food smelled great. Solid drunk food. I'd say it's your basic street truck food as a comparison. I didn't see a lot of places to sit down and eat though. We skipped getting anything from any of the vendors.

4. LetsDoThis

LetsDoThis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I walked through it quickly last week and there were maybe 5-10 people walking around in the middle of the afternoon. Most of the stands seemed independently owned and in some cases the people working the stands weren't even at their location, but standing around talking to other workers at their stands (probably about how bored they are). If you actually wanted to buy something you would have to find the person who's supposed to be working that stand...no wonder why the sales are crap. The ones that did have people working were pushing their products hard to anyone who passed by - I never understood that sales technique...
    This project seems like a complete fail, such a shame. At least they are putting a Starbucks in there :rolleyes2: at least they'll get the drowsy people searching for their morning latte.

5. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was actually quite surprised as to how strange this shopping area was when we were there last month. Not at all what I was expecting and yes it does have a Flea Market feel to it. We looked in only a handful of the shops and the only thing I bought was a cup of coffee the morning I went to stand in line at the half off ticket booth.

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's better than another Walgreens/CVS I guess. Barely. I really like the Wabo idea mentioned earlier. That place is always crowded and a great spot to people watch. Something similar on the corner at Bally's would be awesome. Instead, CET half assed it. The good news is it wouldn't take much to clear it out and start over.

7. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All I remember from going in March was a free beef jerky sample. Other than that, nothing interested me

8. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know if they have a shop to get water and beer?

9. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, there was a store that had beer, wine, water.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a huge banner up right next the the Bazaar shops about the CVS coming, so you get both.

10. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

there is a bar at the back of the place to the right called "Fuel Bar" its a flair bar but has what bars have, wahlburger will also be opening up soon right across from fuel bar

11. Jon E Coyote

Jon E Coyote Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back form staying at Bally's only walked through it ttwice, saw a couple decent looking food stands, other than that, nothing else sparked my attention

12. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

I will believe that when the Wahlburgers opens. They were to open close to the grand opening. I walked through shortly after it opened.
    Same feeling as most of you. As with most 'name of fame' eateries, $$$$

13. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I have friends that work right across from there, he told me that they were waiting on wahlburger to sign the contract before they could do anything.

April 27, 2015 he text me saying they finally signed the contract, give it 2-3 months before they open so sometime between now and end of july baring no holdups

14. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I posted info from my March trip report.
    They definitely went for quantity of store as opposed to quality of stores.
    My bedroom is larger than a few of the stores.

15. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Instead of a free play offer for July, I seem to have been offered $225 to those ballys shops.. No thanks.

16. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mike - What exactly is the offer, is it grand bazaar coupons valued at $225? Doesn't make much sense but if business is as bad as reported they are pulling all stops to generate sales.

17. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch. Shockingly my g/f found something to buy there in April. A piece of Disney Art for $20.

18. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stopped at Turkish Ice Cream while there last month. I had the pistachio ice cream and it was pretty good. I think it was over $5 for a really small cup. I wouldn't go back mainly due to the price. My feelings on the shops are on par with everything else that's been said here.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.