1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Grab a rocker, yet another l - o - n - g TR ... not

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ken2v, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

My Trip Report

Coyote Springs is an instant challenger for an upper-rung tier on the Vegas golf ladder. Wow. And I NEVER thought it humanly possible to get 10 pars and still shoot 92 ... and that's adjusted. Damn.

We hit some wicked storm cells coming back from Coyote.

Angel Park Mountain just went under the seasonal knife.

Suncoast needs to do something about the stained carpets, worn furnishings and marshmallow beds in its rooms. The joint's oyster bar is still solid. The new Ital-chophouse fusion is an abject failure on first blush.

It's a crapshot as to whether the westside beltway is an improvement or not. You folks up there ever heard of eminent domain????

Vegas drivers remain undisputed champs for the crown of worst drivers not blowing a uniform 0.28 and missing at least one prosthetic each.

Terri found all the cold VP machines. I found the hot ones. When she later played the hot machines I'd been playing so hot, someone turned the switch. Thankfully for the group tally the 4OAK gods were smiling on me. I still felt badly for her. It was a brutal run. As I said, a bunch of the 250-count kind and 2222x, AAAAx and AAAAKICKER!! helped on my side of the ledger.

Pretty shitty of Coast to discount the comp rate on FP VP. Don't know a lot of pros playing high vol games at the quarter level. Cheap bastids.

I love the Greg Norman outlet at the crappy outlet south of the Strip.

The annual PGA Fall Expo -- the reason for the trip -- is getting better, but it's a long way from being a showstopper trade show. At least some of the big names are now participating. That wasn't the case a couple years ago. It's still fun to beat some of the new stuff and it was a very good show for networking. Even walked away with an assignment.

I'm thinking we need to put some time in the FP DDB machines at the Trashy Castle. I don't plan on going all Arthurian but it would be nice to get back on MGM Mirage's radar screen, even if only a tiny blip. Overall we still prefer being out in Summerlin or Henderson, but sometimes you just GOTTA stay on the Strip.

Met with my publisher and the wedding book has sold out. We're gonna re-do it and really spruce up the look and graphics, pump up the page count, add more content. Guess that means MORE Vegas trips coming up!!

2. DaveP

DaveP VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What happened? You didn't eat on this trip??

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some gaming wins, a new assignment, and a re-do of an old assignment? What's not to love??

4. sunni

sunni VIP Whale

food

Thank goodness Ken didn't eat on this trip . We don't need another review of Ken's fav restaurants like Olive Garden & Denny's.:poke::rolleyes2:

Thanks for the report...:peace:

5. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you roll a golf cart at Coyote Springs? Is the Cancer Society still manning the doors at the SmokeCoast?
    Or was the air a little clearer? Last time I ventured into that joint, it was a blue haze of smoke with a large contingent of bluehairs...

But, hey, free is a good thing when one is bunking down in LV.

Sounds like it was a good trip, mostly. Well Done.

10 pars and a 92...how many snowman’s? Any holes where a N/A was put on the card.....

N/A meaning...not applicable...or some times it can mean not allowed...

Thanks for the cut and paste.

RW

6. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken - thanks for the post.

later, GVJ

7. ken2v

Roll, Ross? No, never rolled one. Been sideways. Backwards. Airborne. Did a 1080 once. Never rolled ... a cart.

Do the math, that's 20 over in 8 holes. Lotta trips and at gross it woulda been 93.

The joint is still very blue. Very blue. No smoke problem.

Food: Oyster bar good, new Ital-steak place bad. Room service brecky is room service brecky.

8. DaveP

DaveP VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good thing your books are a little more descriptive. :poke:

9. ken2v

You think? lol

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away ... I wrote pretty elaborate TRs. I don't think I had a lot of clients at the time.

10. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You and John Daly.

I had previously wanted to at least see Suncoast, now I'll forgo the pleasure.

11. Souette

Souette Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sweet, to the point, and no real extras.
    What a tease!
    I love ANY kind of Vegas report.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.