1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

GR Pub & Grill

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by TylerH50, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking about eating at Gordon Ramsey Pub & Grill on my Sept. trip to Vegas. Any of you eaten there? Good Experience? Do they take reservations?

2. ICallHimGamblor

ICallHimGamblor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was awful. I had the fish and chips. It was three mediocre pieces of fish and the breading was too thick and heavy. The chips had this weird flaky stuff all over it (cheese? garlic? both?) that made them inedible and gave the entire plate a nauseating sweet smell. The dudes behind the bar couldn't stop chatting amongst themselves long enough to ask me if I needed a beer, so I had to flag them down. Fish and chips + 2 beers, $60.

I was staying at the Aria, so on the way back I stopped at the Todd English PUB. I asked them if their fish and chips were good, and they promised they were authentic and great. I made them promise that nothing was infused with fennel or anything stupid, and decided to go back the next day.

It was great. One large piece of fish with a tasty light batter, great wedge chips, good beer, and cute girls everywhere. Everything was very well done. No contest.

3. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to his Pub & Grill but it seems like this was getting the worst reviews of his three restaurants in Vegas.

4. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

I ate there on my last trip. Reservations are recommended. I had a good experience overall, but if I had to do it again I probably would have just ate in the pub instead of getting a table. Their head chef cannot be on site since that would give away the identity of the winner of season 11 of Hell's Kitchen. Maybe once the chef is in place I would give the restaurant side another chance.

Don't get me wrong, the food was very good, but I was disappointed by the menu. They have eliminated nearly half the menu items and simplified several dishes. To give you an idea, there are only 5 appetizer/small plate options and 3 of them are cold seafood items (oysters and 2 seafood salads). The entrees lean more towards grill than pub. Aside from the fish & chips and shepherd's pie everything is a grilled meat or seafood dish. If I had known they were moving away from upscale pub concept for the dinner menu I would have just grabbed a seat at the bar and ordered off the bar menu which has the fish & chips and shepherd's pie along with several other interesting takes on classic pub food. Hopefully once the head chef is in place they can take another look at the menu and add a few more unique items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.