1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Got a Straight Flush at M Last Week

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by zamboni, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BUT- it was during a tourney, so no high hand bonus. Was at final table and short stacked, looked down at K spades, Q clubs and pushed. Immediate call from guy across the table when it got to him. He flops up A diamonds, A clubs. Sh!t!! I am beat.

Flop was 9 10 J clubs, sweet I flop a straight. Blank on turn, 8 clubs on river. Dude goes, I got an A high flush!! I say, well, I got a Q high Straight flush!! He was a little pissy about losing the hand, but I was short stacked and had to move on my KQ. I didn't last long after that anyways.

This trip last week to Vegas was the worst gambling trip I have ever been on out there. Card dead, and morons chasing an $85+ all in after the turn and hitting it on me everytime. Horrible. I have always won money in Vegas, especially playing poker, but not this past trip. I had chasers hit on me 3-4 times, calling my all in while they had nothing then hitting on the river. Felt a little like Hellmuth, and rarely do I get pissed playing cards, usually it is what it is, but I got spanked bad. To tell you how bad it was, my very last hand while I was there was at Hard Rock, had AK and raise $30 and flop is K77 and I go all in and guy calls with J 7. How do you call pre flop with J 7 for $30?? Still making me shake my head.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  2. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "But, but, they were suited!"

lol

Poker is so frustrating, that is for sure. The problem is that they'll be four idiots like this. Sure they'll all lose money in the long run, but one of the idiots hits his J 7 often enough to hurt the "real" player.

Too bad you didn't get enough value from your straight flush. It would have been great to get Mr Ace high flush all in with it.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Um he did. Well, the guy with Aces had him outchipped. They were all in pre. Nice suckout, OP...lol And I dunno if you would have got a high hand bonus in most places...don't you have to make it with both hole cards usually?

4. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't the goal of poker to beat the player? Why is it that all "real" poker players get annoyed at the player doing the stupid(for them) move? Isn't it your job to figure out how/why someone plays a hand?

Yes they can get lucky and as you point out in the long run those people will lose money. You are just wanting to win money from bad players but not wanting bad players to play stupid hands. You can't have it both ways. :)

Making a "real" poker player get frustrated at odd plays is the most entertaining thing for me at a table. :) I don't even care if I'm the one making them frustrated, I just like to see the reaction.

5. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a big poker player, but I reckon that the stupid players wouldn't be playing at all if they didn't get lucky once in a while.

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorta, yeah. No-Limit Texas Hold'em (with a capped buy-in) really has an ideal amount of variance (aka luck) to keep the "fish" interested in the game, but still make it profitable for the better players. I honestly wished I liked the game more, because that's mainly what the "fish" play.

7. BKCallaway83

BKCallaway83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "I got this hand three times in a row, so I had to play it."

"I got lucky with it last time."

"I had a feeling."

8. The Great One

The Great One MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also funny how the "real" poker players never take into account all the times the other guy mucks before showing his stupid missed draw that he pays too much to try and hit or overcalls with with weaker hands that we never see at showdown.:hmmm:

9. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually the guy on a draw will lay it down, $85+ is a lot to call on a draw. Seems I played a different crowd this time, and they ALL sucked out on me. Every once in awhile is one thing, but it happened no less than 4 times this trip, and it cost me over $400. By the end if the trip, I could have just predicted what was going to happen after seeing their cards and walked away and not even had to see the last card- I knew they were going to hit it. Was just how that entire 6 night trip went.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  10. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    made it $30 pre flop with AK in 1-2 LOL!

11. ballys10

ballys10 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You want them playing and chasing and sure sometimes they suck out but you want those idiots in the game.

I play with a guy who is so bad it makes me laugh and I have seen him build a stack in a 2-5 game of over 7 grand , he went to the washroom and I bet the dealer he would be felted in under and hour and yes 3 minutes to go he was felted.

You want those idiots to have the chips.

12. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    got quad A's in a cash game at Binions last week - but to qualify for their high hand you have to have a pair in your hand - i didn't..

also got beaten down in the 2pm saturday tourney - playing some great poker and in the first hour I'd doubled up - then got some nut job chasing to my right.. perfect position - played 2 out of three hamds with him and in both he was chasing the straight and hit it - not for a small amount of chips either. lost 60% of my stack. frustrating when you get your money in good and get turned over - but twice - against a gutshot straight that he hits!!

one hour - double the chips.
    one hour and ten minutes - under starting stack.......

I ended up going out in about 70th out of 120...
    nutjob got to the last 20 - the way he was running I should have had a sidebet on him....

did cash one of the smaller tourneys.
    Friend I was with chopped the sunday 2pm for $1,300 - while I was sick and sleeping off a stomach issues....... I hate him so much :D

13. TimLion

TimLion Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is why poker is such an amazing game!

Cool hit on that straight flush.

Santé,
    TL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.