1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gortorium

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by GREGRIO, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

Eli Roth's GORETORIUM was better than I expected. It's full of fun, unpleasant
    situation scenes, body parts, blood, lots of LIVE actors playing various parts
    all set in an old, abandon hotel where...years ago, a crazed maniac terrorized the
    hotel and it's guest. They never caught him and rumor is...he's back in the hotel.
    This is backed up by a very realistic looking news story that plays on a TV screen
    using the GORTORIUM as a backdrop and one of the real Las Vegas newscasters
    from local television doing the story.

You get a tic...I got mine via Travelzoo for $29. but prices have already dropped
    at their box office to the same price.
    You walk up the stairs and are greeted by a hotel employee who informs you of
    what you're about to experience. Then...you board the elevator.

You guide yourself, walking through the hallways, looking in the various rooms.
    Some scenes have action, other are just to observe and most are complete with real
    actors to enhance your experience.

I'd read prior, you needed to go through more than once to see everything...not so.
    I was there on a late, Wednesday night and went through with my friend who works in
    the box office there. When it's busier (Fri-Sat) and you're with a larger group, you move
    through quicker. I could take my time and see everything.
    The anticipation of something jumping out at you or feeling 'air' or 'thread' against your
    self is always there. I was actually fooled real good with a couple gags...LOTS OF FUN.

When you're almost done...to get out, ya gotta sqeeeeeeeeze through the 'butt crack'.
    Sorry, lol....that's what Kim call 'em. You'll see for yourselves 'IF'...............you ever leave alive!

You exit into their lounge which is cool. Full bar, table seating in an open air terrace which over looks
    the COSMO and the Strip below. There's a small gift shop too.

I was impressed with the quality of the joint...
    It's professional and not just some thrown together Halloween haunted house.
    It's full of stuff to see (despite how cut up or bloody or shocking, or tormented) they might seem.
    The make up and effects are good...no cheap crap in GORETORIUM.
    It's across the Strip from the COSMO above the Walgreens at Harmon and the Strip.
    www.goretorium.com

2. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greg, was it pretty busy? I wondered if this migh be one of those super-hyped things that dies down and fades into the sunset.

3. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

Kim, my box office friend there says weekends are busier the mid week.
    That's why I could take my time...Kim and I were the only ones going through
    right then. As I was coming out, there were several people starting to go in
    and lots of questions down at the box office.

Now that I've seen it and the actors inside, it make me wonder what they
    do back there with their 'down time'...many are pretty made up.
    Do they just 'hang' until they get tipped off from downstairs and scramble
    to their stations? I'll have to ask Kim when I go again in December to see
    how many pieces they can cut up Santa Clause into.

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or, do they wander like a Zombie down to McDonalds for lunch?

5. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever "The Welfare Queen of Windsor"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.