1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gordon Ramsey

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Danny Ocean, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I visited the new Gordon Ramsay's Steakhouse and it didn't disappoint. *We are fans of his shows on tv and were curious if all his high expectations on tv were equaled at his own restaurant.*
    The atmosphere and vibe is to my liking, it is not stuffy but it isn't too hip where a couple in their fifties feel uncomfortable. The bar has a good feel but is too small for the size of the restaurant. We were seated about fifteen minutes after our reservation as the place was booked solid and sold out for the night when we arrived for a 7:15 reservation. We were seated in a very nice circular booth upstairs. Now for the food!!
    I started with the shrimp cocktail. *What can they do to a shrimp cocktail..... I am not sure but it was the best shrimp cocktail I have ever had and this is coming from a 53 year old that used to order shrimp cocktail for dessert when I was 8years old. I know my shrimp cocktail and the sauce and the shrimp were superb. My wife got the Caesar salad which was very good and a nice touch with the scotch eggs. For the entrees, I got the fish and chips. I know you are in a steakhouse what the hell are you doing ordering fish! Well it was listed as a specialty and I really don't eat a lot of red meat, although I did have a cheeseburger at Holteins, but that is another review. The fish was fantastic, lightly breaded and the sea bass the star. *This came with the chips,which were very tasty and some killer tarter sauce. My wife chose his signature Beef Wellington. That is until she found out it came only medium rare.... Really!! *If you watch Hells Kitchen, this is an item that he goes Wild on....the temperature of the Wellington. Well she didn't want to chance it since she like her meat medium, so she opted for the Short Ribs. The Ribs were delicious along with sides of corn and Parmesan fingerling potatoes. For dessert, the signature StickyToffee Pudding. It was very good, I am not sure it lived up to the hype.*
    Overall, this was a very enjoyable night, mind you not a cheap night, but a very good night. Now as Gordon would say, piss off!!!

2. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ?

how much is not cheap?:wink2::beer::beer::drunk:

3. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a 3 page thread on GR SH about half way down on this page...lots of information there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.