1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gordon Ramsey Steakhouse in Paris

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Starz22, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a Ramsey fan...love his show Hell's Kitchen. I'm wondering what you think about it. Is it good? I've heard it's a complicated menu...that people go in willing to spend 100 dollars and leave with a 300 dollar bill. How far in advance should I make my reservation? Any info would be great.

2. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made reservations for the 28th about two weeks ago and at the time I booked there wasn't anything available between 6-8 . We were planning a later dinner so that was fine but if you have a specific time you want I'd check early.

3. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there within a few months of their opening and was pretty satisfied with the place. The steaks were seasoned well, cooked well, had a great crust, and was very enjoyable. You must order the sticky toffee pudding for dessert! Gordon Ramsay is known for that sticky toffee pudding and it is amazing.

The bread selection was excellent. We asked for so many refills of our bread tray that the waiter packed up a few orders of bread to-go for us.

I couldn't really find anything to fault them on. The only thing I could come up with was the garnish for the steak. Each steak came with a few pieces of baby spinach thrown on top of the steak. It was there only for color contrast and added absolutely nothing to the steak. In fact, the leaves quickly wilted, leaving nothing but a few limp pieces of greens to push aside. Gordon Ramsay should know better than to add a non-functional garnish to a plate. Want color? Make a sheet pan full of pesto polenta, cut it into small rectangles, and include that on the plate with a roasted baby carrot resting off it.

You can sort of infer the quality of the place by how nit-picky I'm being...there's nothing major to criticize. A few have mentioned the music being too loud, but I was on the 2nd floor and did not have that problem.

The place opened to great reviews which, unfortunately, his other venture at Caesars did not.

4. booker

booker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I spent about twice the amount that I had planned. Why? Because it was so enjoyable. There were even great couples next to my table. My only problem was that the music was a bit loud and I have trouble picking up words from my table's conversation due, in no small part, to a wonky ear that can't filter out background noise too well.

Food = marvelous.

5. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved it. I've been twice and had fantastic meals on both occasions. You do need to book but they have a bar area to the left with quite a few tables where they don't take bookings so you can go in and just wait at the bar until a table is free. Both times we split a meal and the price was very reasonable. Can't remember how much but i wasn't horrified. The first time was the very first night, not the grand opening but the first night. There was one table of eight people and I recall that eight waiters came out with the entrees and the plates were put down within about two seconds of each other. Very impressive. Don't suppose that still happens. I'm sure you will enjoy whatever you have and it will be worth the price.

6. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to GRS a few months back. I actually made my reservations about 6 weeks in advance. When we went to check in, we were routed to the bar, and waited long enough to have a drink served (10 mins tops).

I went in expected to spend more money than I usually would for a nice restaurant, so I wasn't looking at the menu with a budget in mind. It was just my wife and I. My suggestion to you, is to do the same. I had one of the cocktails off of the iPad menu, 2 Glasses of wine, and a espresso after dinner. The wife had a couple of drinks as well. We both got the Wellington, soup and dessert. Our bill was $300. However, the meal, the drinks, the service and the atmosphere was great. I'll be going back on my next visit

7. MrPapageorgio

MrPapageorgio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does this restaurant accept rewards credits for payment?

8. AeroSKI5150

AeroSKI5150 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are tied into Total Rewards - every menu item has the TR discount price listed (buck or two less, typically), and certainly given you can charge your dinner to Paris or any other CET property you may be staying... wouldn't see why you couldn't pay with RC's like you can elsewhere.

As for the greater question, I liked it overall - tried the Wellington and the skirt steak last May when it first opened, and dropped in for some sliders and a glass of wine this past November... I much prefer the full service experience in the dining room, but other than the disinterested bar server, the food was great on both occasions.

9. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't wait to eat here.Reviews sound great. I do have a TR card,so I'll get a buck or two off my meal?

10. TimLion

TimLion Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I'm going to give this place a shot when I'm out there in May. After all the damned hype from the show, I'm half expecting to be disappointed! :rolleyes2:

Santé,
    TL

11. chepar

chepar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just had dinner there a week ago. It was a pretty good but not as good as I thought it would be. Perhaps I was expecting too much after reading so many gushing reviews on Yelp.

The place is rather noisy - the music pitched a bit too loud for my taste and the dining room has an energetic vibe. The hostess uniforms make them look like they are Robert Palmer video girl wannabes.

My sister and I shared all of our dishes - we had the fried oysters to start, the bone in rib eye, haricot vert, fingerling potatoes and the english toffee pudding. I was surprised that their selection of single malts was relatively small and only appeared on the dessert menu (and not on the drinks Ipad), but it was ok.

I had no complaints on any of the food except for the rib eye. They sliced it for us, but there was a lot of gristle on the edges that probably should have been trimmed off prior to it being served. Some of the slices of meat were not completely cut all the way through and we were literally sawing them to separate them and get them on to our plate. Other than that, I thought the steak tasted fine, though my sister said she preferred the steak we had on a previous trip at Carnevino.

Everything else was excellent - the sticky toffee pudding was probably one of the best desserts I have ever had.

The service was gracious but pretty slow at the end - not that I want to immediately rush out of there, but there was quite a lag after we had finished our dessert and were just sitting there.

All in all I'm glad we tried it.

12. VegasLambie

VegasLambie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been twice. June and October 2012. I really liked it both times, the first time we went I was surprised how good it was so we went back a few months later. I think that it is worth a try but always be careful of hype.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.