1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gordon Ramsay pub and grill AVOID....

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by thfc14, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thfc14

thfc14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Snotty hostess I had a 8:30 reservation. We arrived at 8:27 she told me come back at 8:30. Really????

Originally seated at a hightop table which has stupid decorative beer kegs taking up half table. So if you are going to eat your arms are half in a keg.

From ordering until food arrived took 75 minutes....

Fish and chips and steak nothing special. Nothing like his gastropub in London and certainly doesn't compare to the original Gordon Ramsay restaurant.

Server never checked to see how food was or for 2nd drink.

Bill $100 for 2 for nothing memorable.

Noisy. hard to find in caeasars. wouldn't go their again.

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree. Had probably my worst Vegas restaurant experience there this spring. Food, service, cocktails all subpar.

3. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe somebody should do a makeover and rescue that restaurant.

4. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoyed GRS but it seems like the majority of things I've heard about the Pub & Grill haven't been that great.

5. KR_5150

KR_5150 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a really great experience here in August. My Sheppard's Pie was really good and the staff was very engaging and helpful. My only minor critique is that the prices were a bit high, but like I said that was minor.

6. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I had a totally different experience. Walked up on a busy Tueday night and we seated right away without a reservation. Ordered a blue moon and magic hat #9, they were imperial pints. Had the pretzel appetizer, split a tomato salad which was a perfect portion. I had the fish and chips (nothing special, agreed), wife had beef cheeks and said it was one of the best beef dishes she ever had. We had good service and were asked if we wanted a second beer. Yes, it was noisy as hell, and the bill was $100 with tax. I would go there again.

Everything is hard to find in Caesars! I felt like a lab rat in a maze, minus cheese. We just walked around until we ran into this place, thankfully the wait at the Homestead was over 90 minutes, I wasn't up for a $250 check.

Who was first with the faux beer kegs, Gord or the Monte Carlo Pub?

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like some real staff issues.

First time there earlier this year at lunch. Place was not busy. Food and service was GREAT!

Went back a few months ago. Fist time, too busy to get a seat. Went back next day mid afternoon and did bar. Bartender was great. Advised us to split the Fish and Chips since it was such a big serving. He was right. We enjoyed it and plan to visit again.

Amazing how different people have different experiences.

I am sure you had a "bad experience". But, "hard to find"? It is not hidden, but it is part of the Caesars maze.

8. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also had a different experience than the OP.

I went here on opening night last December during the first seating at 5pm. The food was great, the server was excellent, but it was really expensive. I'd definitely stop back here for a good meal if I was in the area.

9. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m glad others have had more positive experiences than I did. I keep reading great reviews of the GR Steakhouse (and burger joint) but my experience at Pub has me hesitant to try them.

10. Lost_Castaway

Lost_Castaway Tourist

I haven't tried the Pub yet. But the Steakhouse is really good and the Burger is a hit or miss. The hell's kitchen burger at the Burger is tasteless to me and other people have said the same.

11. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the only thing I can say is if you do not let management know then nothing will change

some might say "well it is my vacation I want no conflict" or "that is not my job", but how is management really to know there is an issue unless they are alerted to it

and it seems from some of the other replies that perhaps you were just there for a bad night and alerting management could have gotten you a discount or an offer (with discount or even comp) to return for a second try

depending on how I was told (come back in 3 minutes) that might have gotten me to summon management right off.....if she had said "I am sorry we are a little backed up so it will be a few sorry for the wait" that would have been perfectly acceptable if it was "audible huff, a rolling of the eyes and come back at 8:30" that would have been a "can I see your manager" from me right from the start.....after all 3 minutes is pretty much right on time and sometimes restaurants do have a very slight wait even if on time for a reservation (especially popular ones), but it sounds as though she acted like you were trying some type of scam or trick

as for the no second drinks and the 75 minute wait I would have found a way to get the server there long before it came to all of that and if not management even if I had to ask a busser, food runner or another server

all the more since it is a Ramsey restaurant and you know he would find all of that unacceptable and would welcome (or his management would welcome) being made aware of 75 minute waits for food and missed opportunities to pad a check with additional drink orders (and probably a missed desert offering as well)

I do not doubt it was a bad time, but waiting until it is over and done and posting a review here (while always welcomed for a review) is not going to do a great deal to solve the situation especially for you that night and even more so when the place is still doing a great deal of business and others even in this thread seem to have had a good experience

12. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate here in June. Had a reservation at 6:30 pm. We showed up at 5 and was seated in a booth with no issues. The service was awesome. Waiters very attentive. Other than the 15$ drinks I had no issues. Food was awesome. We had the scallops and 2 of us had the shrimp,steak,and pork belly. We also got the mushrooms with egg and the fries. I loved eating here and will come back. It was a great experience. I had no issues with the wait staff. Other than them wanting to clear my table b4 I was done. They have a huge picture of Gordon hanging on the wall...I tried to get a few pictures without bothering the staff. A waiter told me...go strike a pose,while he took my camera...he took pictures of me on the back wall. I just loved eating here and will come back next year.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.