1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gordie Brown

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Natural21, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natural21

Natural21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello. I am thinking of seeing Gordie Brown to take a break from the tables. I know I can get discount tickets the day of the show, but, how is the seating? Is the room small enough that all seats are good or would I be better off buying tickets early. I'm not sure how much the discount tickets cost and I can purchase two for under $100 "good" seats online. Have you seen this show? Thank you for your input.
    Good luck. :beer::beer:

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A good show. We bought tickets when we entered -which I often suggest. After all, plans are known to change when in Vegas.

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw his show a couple of years ago.I bought the buffet and show package. I didn't like the buffet but his show was great. Theater is small with I'd say all good seats, good sound and comfortable. Music suited we baby boomers but variety for all. Try TX4TONITE for tickets.

Jimbo338

4. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the minority, it appears. I thought the show was terrible. And I paid zero dollars for my tickets. You'd have to comp me drinks in order for me to consider accepting free tickets again.

Why I didn't like his show:

I didn't get it. The dude sings songs kind of in the voices of the artists, and he changes the lyrics in an attempt to make it funny. The references weren't lost on me, but I was surprised by some of what he did. I'm 44 years old, so I know all about Alanis Morissette, even if I can't spell her name. He was doing an Alanis Morissette bit. That would have played well in 1999. Considering I was on the younger side of the audience, I had to wonder how many people in the crowd were familiar with her or her music. I had to think a lot of them weren't. Same deal with his weak Axl Rose impression.

None of his impressions were terrible, but his performance wasn't spectacular. Add in a bunch of mildly amusing parody lyrics and it gets to be a long show. I don't remember a lot of the impressions at this point, but I did notice that the older the audience member, the more he or she seemed to enjoy the show, despite the odd choices of Morissette and Rose as part of his act.

I'd rather pay to see "Pin Up" again at Stratosphere than accept a free ticket to Gordie Brown. (I saw them on back-to-back nights.)

ADDED: He performed with his guitar throughout his Nugget show. Here's a clip of him performing without the guitar. Great, George W. and Rainman bits.... yeah, he did Bush in his show last November, that I remember. Not timely, not particularly funny, at least for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ionqnCwGH3g

This is several years old, but indicative of what you get from his act.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEOB95NPjMw

Oh yeah, his teeth are way too white. He'll blind you from the stage.

5. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and a I have seen his show twice and we loved it both times. We found him to be very funny, and extremely talented. Check travelzoo, you can get VIP tickets for about $37 each. We saw his show in August and purchased the Travelzoo VIP tickets...we were in the second row middle. The crowd loved the show. My wife also found Gordie to be very good looking. :evillaugh

6. daveg000

daveg000 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I loved the show! I laughed until I cried, and then some old couple were offended and walked out, I lost it! The ONLY show I might go see again! And it was CHEAP!

7. monkeyshed

monkeyshed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking to see his show too but did a google search (Yelp?) for reviews and most were like Vegas_Insight above (terrible), 1 or 2 stars at best. Reading the reviews really changed my mind. I chose not to go.

8. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check tripadvisor...4.5 stars out of 5. What site are you looking at? thanks.

9. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ High-Roller

He may not be the best impressionist in town but he's pretty darn good. We've seen him twice and we LOVED the show both times. I'm pretty hard to please when it comes to comedy but I laughed till I cried at some of his jokes. You can't please all of the people all of the time so you'll just have to go and see for yourself.

10. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed his show, although I don't know whether I'd see it again unless there were others in the group that really wanted to go. You can definitely get tix at Tix4Tonite, although sometimes you can get two of the buffet/show packages from the box office for not much more than 2 tix at the outlet. Not that I'm a huge fan of the GN buffet

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.