1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gordie Brown and Carrot Top

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by hokdo, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hokdo

hokdo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know they are at opposite ends of the spectrum but who has seen these shows? Are they any good? I saw the late Danny Gans perform and loved the show a while back so I'm familiar with the routine Gordie Brown would bring, and I think everyone knows Carrot Top.

2. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen them both several times and enjoyed them both. Would see them in a heartbeat.

3. Jjhill5

Jjhill5 Newbie

I really enjoyed carrot top!!!!!!!!!!!

4. markmetin

markmetin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven’t seen Carrot Top (well, just on TV) but I have seen Gordie Brown 3 times, twice at the Venetian and most recently at the Golden Nugget last year. To be honest, I loved the first 2 shows but wasn’t too keen on the last one. Maybe he was having a bad night, or was bummed that he just moved back to his old downtown gig after being on the strip, but it just seemed to lack energy and passion. Plus I swear he spent five full minutes doing his Katharine Hepburn impression – 30 seconds would have been plenty! Anyway, there’s no doubt the guy has real talent, so I would check it out, especially if you get a good deal from the tix4tonite booth.

5. kmarcin

kmarcin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gordie Brown

My wife and I saw Gordie Brown last summer at the Golden Nugget via a BOGO offer from Travelzoo. The theater was intimate, but had an old-fashioned feel. The show was entertaining, but I'm not sure we would go again.

We are planning to see Carrot Top when we head back out to Vegas this summer. We've wanted to see him the past few years, but his show was always dark during our stay.

6. ballhog

ballhog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carrot Top is a great comedy show. Low cost and really funny. I went direct to the Luxor box office to get tickets.

7. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ... and he's dark for our next trip again too!!!

8. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carrot Top is a great show. :thumbsup:

9. Dork42775

Dork42775 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just bought tix today for the sunday carrot top show through goldstar that came out to be $88 for 2 after all of the fees.

10. kmarcin

kmarcin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dork - I've never used goldstar, but was wondering what seats did you get for your show? Did you get the "A" seats or "B" seats?

11. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering on Carrot Top. Are the first three rows in the Theater on incline? Is the front row good or are are you looking up. Any advise on where to seat is appreciated.

12. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd see Carrot Top 10 more times, it was so funny! I can't believe I waited this long to see it.

Danny, i think they may be on an incline.. We got our tickets on Goldstar (only $37!) and were in the middle. The theatre isn't very big, so I wouldn't be too particular, I'd just grab the goldstar tickets... He interacts with the people up front though, not sure if you would like that or not haha.

13. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carrot Top is awesome. Saw him last year, and plan on seeing him again this year.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.