1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Good weekend lunch spot under $20/person

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by seviay, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking to mix it up my next trip for lunches, since I will probably be up before noon on this one (going with the girlfriend, so gotta do pool/shopping things instead of being a total degenerate).

A few thoughts/rules:
    1. The Milo's deal at Cosmo is out since we'll only be eating weekend lunches there.
    2. No buffets
    3. Prefer to avoid chain restaurants and fast food (exception, places like Earl of Sandwich that some of you may consider Vegas staples)
    4. South half of the strip only -- so Bellagio and down. I don't want to have to cab, tram or have to run a 10k just to get there
    5. As stated in the title, under $20pp
    6. I don't need to be stuffed to enjoy the meal, but I don't want to have to just order sides and split things in order to get under the $20.

Thanks guys

2. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try Il Fornaio at NYNY. Good Italian, and reasonably priced.

3. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wolfgang Puck at MGM actually has quite a few things under $20. One of my favorite items there is ever so slightly out of range...but it is the Corned Beef Hash. I want to say that this was right around $20. But I am not kidding when I say that it was easily large enough for two people to share comfortably with both being full. Or one drunk me.

Add to that the mountain of bread they give you, and perhaps an appetizer, and you and the girlfriend would be set.

4. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. I will definitely have to try those...not a huge corned beef hash fan, but I'm sure I can try something else.

Any other suggestions are welcome and appreciated! Cheers :thumbsup:

5. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm Border Grill at Mandalay. I think you could get out of there under $20 a person. I LOVE their food. It's my favorite restaurant. Sit outside, it's nice! (also they are usually up on Restaurant.com, $25 for $10 (or less with a promo code)

Holsteins at Cosmopolitan. Good gourmet burgers, casual. I like it. Fun atmosphere too.

Cafe Vettero at Aria is good. I know it's just their coffee shop, but the food is pretty good, had a good ambience, and I like wandering around Aria.

6. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been meaning to try Holsteins but I'm never in the area when I want a burger. I'll definitely have to try to plan better next time.

Regarding Border Grill, I've thought about places like that, but having spent most of my life in Oklahoma and Texas, I usually find these kinds of mexican food places rather bland. Having read some reviews of the restaurant, it looks like others from this area confirm my fears. Not that I need something that is going to set my mouth on fire, but we do tend to like things a little spicier. Oh well, if I can get a restaurant.com or groupon, it would probably still be worth it to grab an appetizer and margarita.

I don't know anything about Vettero. What can you tell me about their fare? What did you eat? Any recommended must-gets or stay-aways?

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.