1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

good seafood buffets?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Mamabear0222, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mamabear0222

Mamabear0222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive done some looking around ....any good ones?
    Oh and not seafood dishes.... real seafood.

2. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Mamabear0222

Mamabear0222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Not what I'd a really good seafood buffets in Vegas. All the joints overcook the seafood and it dries out on a buffet. That's just the nature of Vegas buffet cookery - too much pre-batching. Things like breakfast items and seafood aren't conducive to this type of prep.
    Instead, hit up an upscale buffet, such as Wynn or Bellagio, and enjoy their seafood. It will be just as good, if not better than what a standard seafood buffet will offer. And, they'll be plenty of offerings.

5. Mamabear0222

Mamabear0222 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't realize they all had seafood. We are in search of plain, steamed lobster, crab legs with butter mmmmm lol

6. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a buffet person either, but the Rio seafood one sucked 15 years ago. If you have any interest in quality confine your interest to Bellagio, Caesars, or Wynn.

7. M0rtyC

M0rtyC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friends from the MidWest liked the seafood buffet at the Rio. I guess it depends on where you are from. I thought it was well below Refd Lobster quality but then again I'm from the NE coast and I haven't eaten at a Red Lobster in 30 + years

I agree with the above posts that you should go with a premium buffet if you are set on seafood. JMHO.

Bonus early day Downtown
    Annual end of the rodeo trip
  8. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. Rio Seafood buffet isnt that great and pricey( the change kinda started when the place became "Harrahized") years back. Go to a higher end buffy and POUND the seafood.

9. jackincols

jackincols Guest

A big DITTO there. Last time I was at Rio's Seafood buffet (about 3 yrs ago) it was only so-so. If you're from an area with fresh seafood available, I doubt very much you'll like it. If you're from a land locked state with not much fresh seafood available, you might like it. IMO, stick with the 3 dankyone suggested, especially Bellagio or Wynn.

10. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HTML:
    We are in search of plain, steamed lobster, crab legs with butter mmmmm lol 
    Rio has poor lobster (most others do not), but you will find quality pre split large crab legs (king in season, snow otherwise) at Wynn or Bellagio. Both are served cold, but at both buffets they will heat them for you upon request. We try to hit up Bellagio once per trip on weekdays between 3-3:15 to have dinner at lunch pricing ($23 IIRC).

Chef and others are spot on. The Rio seafood buffet was great (and unique) twenty years ago when the Marnells owned and operated the Rio. Now, like most things Harrahs, it has gone downhill. We went a few years ago and the quality was not great (and there were few people dining on a Friday evening). Twenty years ago, the waiting time was long but well worth it.

While I haven't had Red Lobester in decades, I'd select RL over Rio Seafood Buffet circa 2014.

[YOUTUBE]6vQpW9XRiyM[/YOUTUBE]

11. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the bellagio fountains brunch has a decent seafood selection from what I've heard. Bellagio usually has a couple seafood options on their buffet - can't go wrong there.

12. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a trick question. There's no such thing as a "good" seafood buffet.

Any seafood left out under a hot lamp or on a hot table would dry out within minutes of being put out.

Save your money and time. If you just want crab legs, you can go to the nicer buffets and find them without a problem.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.