1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Good Restaurant off-strip??

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by MomtoCCC, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MomtoCCC

MomtoCCC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello all

Going to Vegas for work meeting and then DH is going to meet up with me for last 2 nights. We will have a rental car which is unusual for us in Vegas. Thought we should take advantage and venture off-strip for dinner one night. Probably don't want to drive more than 20 minutes or so...

Any suggestions for a good steak or seafood restaurant? Or just a general nice restaurant? Thanks!

2. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know it's (sort of?) a chain... but after my parents picked me up at the airport a few weeks ago (I flew, they drove) we had a great meal at Morton's Steakhouse, not too far off the strip. It was just immensely easier than going into a hotel and parking and all that.

Also we really like the Tommy Bahama restaurant at Town Square. Great food!

3. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While not steak or seafood, one of my fav restaurants off strip and considered a local restaurant is Marrakech. Different experience, six course set meal, $40, food is always fantastic! They have been there since 1979 so must be doing something right. Go hungry! http://www.marrakechvegas.com/

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like Thai food, Lotus of Siam - it's in a strip mall off Sahara, but it's considered one of the best Thai restaurants in the country.

6. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yolies on Paradise.

7. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive never been there, but how about the Hofbrauhaus just off strip? Looks like a cool place and others have told me the beer is good.

8. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hofbaruhaus is great, IMHO.

Don't expect fine dining. It's a beer hall with seating a wooden tables and benches. Loud, festive atmosphere with German Ooompah band and the like.

Beer is excellent and the German food is fine. (Like mother's milk to me, now that there's no one to cook it for me.:cry:)

Be sure to take a cab or have a designated driver, 'cause you're gonna drink too much! :beer:

NFL Divisional Playoffs!!
  9. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can also add Casa di Amore.

10. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with Jilly Lotus of Siam if you like thai food. It is my favorite vegas place to eat and the cost is very reasonable. If you go and are not familiar with thai food stick with the chef special items or ask servers for suggestions since the menu is huge it is possible to order bad there.

11. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Austin's Steakhouse in Texas Station is very good and a bargain compared to those on the Strip. My wife and I usually share the restaurant's signature pan seared rib eye, but sustainable seafood is also on the menu.

Todd's Unique Dining is one of our favorites. He has won numerous awards over the years and you will find him in the kitchen every night. The menu includes several signature dishes including skirt steak on fire and Mirin Marinated Mahi Mahi. Seasonal seafood is flown in on weekends. We usually go on a Wednesday night when the corkage charge is waived.

12. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

Check out Todd's, Marche Bacchus or Garfields. Steak? Take a look at Del Friscos or Bob Taylors. For something different, DW Bistro.

13. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for Lotus of Siam. Marche Bacchus is also good. It's a nice romantic setting and it's byob (with a liquor store in the front). The food and serive were very good for the price.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.