1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Good places to walk

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by RonDiaz, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonDiaz

RonDiaz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well since I had my heart thing in Feb in addition to a little quality metroprolol I'm supposed to be keeping myself active. Wondering if anyone has any interesting route to walk that range from 2-5 miles while I am out there. Thanks!

2. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are you staying? Walking the strip from end to end is a good walk.

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  3. RonDiaz

RonDiaz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah strip end to end is for sure for me, but thought there might be some other interesting things out there.

I am staying at GG for three days, double booked at Bills and MSS for 2 and Flamingo for last 2 although I might switch to LVH if they comp me, I am calling them tomorrow, I see I have a mailer from them for two nights.

4. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a car you could try some of the easier hikes out at Red Rock Canyon. My gf and I did an easy 2 mile loop hike from he visitor center parking lot late in he afternoon and saw some fantastic panoramic views with deep shadows as he sun began to set. Downtown, the safest area to walk is from the Plaza to the El Cortez on Fremont. If you're a little more adventurous and street savvy you might walk to the Neon Museum, do the tour and walk back... It's about a mile each way going Fremont East to Las Vegas Blvd North.

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed doing some light hiking at Red Rock, and the next place I'd like to try would be The Springs Preserve. I don't know if a bus would go there - another "probably need a car" thing.

Search for threads by Chef - he's posted his running routes here before:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.