1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Good non steak options at a CET steak place?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by mrem3200, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrem3200

mrem3200 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So a little bit of a strange question...but I want to go to a high end steak joint at a CET property. The friend that I am going with is not a vegetarian but does not eat beef. So what are your opinions of our best bet where we can both be happy, meaning 1) I can get a killer steak and 2) he can get a killer something other than steak?

Thanks

2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't speak specifically to CET places, but I, too, do not eat beef though am not a vegetarian, and steakhouses are some of my favorite places to go. In my experience, the better the steakhouse, the better the tuna steak (love the spiced tuna steak at BLT Steak here in New York, I'm sure the one at Bally's has great stuff too) and sea bass, which are incredibly common to find on steakhouse menus; you'll also often get things like pork chops, shellfish, etc. My advice in general would be to just pick the best steakhouse you can, and have your friend double-check the menu to make sure the specific dishes sound good.

3. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this person a true vegetarian (no poultry, no fish, no pork, no beef) ? If so it's slim pickings at Old Homestead and Gordon Ramsey which are the two high end steak joints.
    My wife is pescatarian and was able to find some good dishes at Vodoo lounge in seafood, Steaks there are not bad.

It would help to know what exactly your friend will and won't eat to recommend. CET has a limited number of high end steak joints and most focus on steak. That being Gordon Ramsey, Old Homestead, Ruth Chris, and BLT at Ballys but I have not dined there.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Can't make a this choice/that restaurant rec but steak is nothing more than a good-sized hunk of protein, regardless taxonomic definition, and any chophouse worth its chops can do fish (and other).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.