1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Good Hand

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by AceQueen, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AceQueen

AceQueen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What was a memorable hand and how much did you win?

Recently I played a 1/2 game, full table. A couple aggressive players. I bought in for $100 and was up to $295. I am dealer button and have 3/4 suited. Player to my right raises $10 so the call is now $12. Table has had a lot of action and some good size pots for 1/2. This is a small limp in bet for this group of players and I call. Small blind raises to $24. Big blind calls, two more callers, player to my right just calls. There is now over $125 in the pot and I call.

Flop comes 3, 3, 8. Small blind bets $25, 3 players fold, player to my right calls. I have a decision, take the pot or string things along and risk either player catching their card. I shove all in with a snap call from small blind. Other player folds. He turns over Kings and was completely shocked I had a 3. Lots of comments from him follow.

I love poker:peace:

2. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty ballsy move, I must say.

My most memorable hand was one I lost. I drew K-J. A few callers, guy to my right raises pre-flop. I call. Two callers drop out. Flop is J-J-K. Guy on right raises. I re-raise. Others drop out. He calls. Next 2 cards are garbage. I keep betting, guy on right keeps raising. I keep re-raising. The only thing that I lose to is Pocket K's. Since I have one and another is on the board, what are the chances that he has the other two?

Well, you already know what happened. He flipped over the K's. I put my arm around the guy and said "That was fun".

3. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most memorable, not necessarily good was this hand.

I was at the Venetian in the Sunday $200 NL Tourney. 10 people left after 12 hours or so. I am 2nd chip stack. I am dealt KsKc. Flop comes Kh, 10h, 9h. I bet 50% pot and get re-raised by chip leader. I re-raise. He thinks....states he has a set, then goes all in. I call. He has 9s9d. Turn Jh. River Qh. Chop. Great :( Wish we were all playing Ultimate Texas Hold'em

4. AceQueen

AceQueen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hits

I also had two straight flushes three hands apart once. Second one player was all in and I already had a flush. It was a one outter too.

5. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the binions Saturday 2pm a few years ago. 120 starters plus rebuys in the first hour. decent payouts if you make the money.

after a few hours up and down I crawl into the money. build up my stack from a few blinds to mid sized stack by the time there are 7 left. 2 of the seven are very short including the bb who is two to my right.
    I get AA for the first time all day. I go 4x bb which covers the short stack, thinking that's enough to shove everyone else out. next player goes all in - also a midsized stack. everyone else folds.
    I go all in too. a win here puts me at chip lead.

I turn over the AA - he turns QQ

flop is xxA
    woohoo!!

next 2 help him complete a flush with one of his queens.

he has me covered by a couple of hundred.

should have been chip lead - out in 7th instead...

still stings.

6. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ridiculous min raise by the small blind. What was he complaining about? Not a shocker he lost the a big pair hand in a huge multiway pot. Was there a flush draw in on the flop? If not, at that point what could he beat?

7. AceQueen

AceQueen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No flush

No flush draw. The hand kept the table talking for awhile. Lol

8. Avsman17

Avsman17 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My most memorable hand was also my first hand I was dealt pocket nines and raised to $10 in a 1/2 no game. This is at the Golden Nugget and I had three callers flop came out 910 queen. Two Spades. I bet a little over Half the pot hoping to scare people away with the flush on the board I got two to call the turn paired the board and also finished the flush draw. I bet again about half the pot and was pushed all in I called showed my full house and won the pot it was a total of almost 550 bucks (I had bought in for 200)

9. landsburger

landsburger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fact that most of the people recount a losing hand cracks me up and doesn't surprise me a bit. Ahhh, poker.

I remember the time many years ago when I played limit and someone with a king high flush kept re-raising me. I finally stopped because I felt bad.

I also remember many donk folds because I was afraid of an imaginary bigger hand that I shouldn't have been.

And everyone has the trips beaten by runner runner flush, or set over set, or AA vs AA that lost to a flush, or the hand that didn't see the flop and would have won that MONSTER pot...

:confused2:

10. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Stud. Most memorable hand. Dealt 3 diamonds with small card up for the bring in. Fourth street, another diamond. Fifth street completed the flush! Sixth street made King high straight flush and the river completed the ROYAL! Still had 2 callers. Gotta love 2-4 limit.

Celebrating 70th year
  11. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $2/$5 no limit and I'm the big blind with a $10 straddle next to me. Pocket aces, 3 come in at $25 I go all in for $125 2 calls. Flop is AcAsJc. Nothing. 5d..nothing. 9h...nada.

The intial raise had KcQc. Bad beat was $247k. If it came to fruition, losing hand 50%, winning hand 25% and table share of the other 25%. Would have been nice.

Bad beat was won a few days ago and is currently at $114k.

12. veovis23

veovis23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple from each side that I can recall:

-Over Thanksgiving I was playing at a cardroom in Jacksonville, FL and flopped a steel wheel draw. Only had ~$60 to start the hand, so it didn't offer a big pot, but sure enough on the turn I hit it. Was all-in at this time and so everyone got to see it. The kicker was that the dealer started the hand with 8 seconds left on the high hand clock. $400 for the high hand and $250 for a steel wheel bonus, and I was positive for the night and happy.

-Lost a massive (for $1/2 NLHE) pot of roughly $300. Raised pre-flop fromt he straddle with Jacks. Got a caller. Probably $90ish in the pot at that point. Flop of 6-8-9. I bet 60ish, he snap shoves for $300ish. I had over a grand to start the hand, but just couldn't bring myself to call. He shows A-8.

-Harrah's NOLA. Sitting on the button with AJ of clubs. Have around $400 to start the hand. middle position raises to 12, a caller between us, I call and SB and BB call. Flop is 5-7-8 all clubs. SB bets $45, BB folds, Original Raiser shoves for ~$80, in between folds, I call and SB calls. Turn was a 4 of hearts. SB checks, I bet ~$145, he tanks for a few minutes and finally calls. river was a high non pairing diamond. SB checks again and I shove for my last $150. He moans, says he has straight but thinks he is beat, talks himself into a call and shows the straight and a open ended straight flush draw that he missed. Said he had me on the naked Ace.

-Ok, so I know I said a couple of each but I just remembered this one from a couple of months ago. Was playing at a local card room and was BB in a 1/2 game. Look down at QQ. After it gets back to me, I raise to ~12. There are 4 callers. Flop is Q-10-9 two spades. I bet $45, fold, raise to $145, re-raise to ~$400 (basically putting me and raiser all in). I think about it for a minute and say "Well I guess I'm drawing thin" and shove what I have left in the pot (~$180 IIRC). Raiser throws his hands up and thinks for all of 20 seconds and shoves his last $80 in the pot. Turn was a 4 of hearts, and river was a 10 of clubs. Big raiser cusses and flips over K-J, as I show the top boat. I hold my breath to see the other guy show 9-9 for a smaller boat. Took me 4 hands to stack the chips.

I had another loser that cost me a buy in, QQ vs a 7 high flush draw on the flop I think. But I cannot remember the specifics.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.