1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gonzalez Y Gonzalez in NYNY

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Mayoman, Nov 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayoman

Mayoman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you haven't tried their guacamole yet, you should give it a try. They make it from scratch right at your table. It's very good.

2. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also think GyG is good...especially for their prices. Decent Mexican food with $10-$17 entrees. Good margaritas too. Similar to Diablos but at almost 1/2 the price.

3. xman30

xman30 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sound good!!! I'm planning on eating dinner one night at Gonzalez Y Gonzalez during my trip in a few weeks.

xman30

4. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten there a couple of times and thought it was pretty good.

My favorite place was margaritas in the Frontier, before they tore it down. Great food and good prices. I ordered my entree and then I ordered an appetizer, the waiter told me no it was too much food.(he was right):beer:

First Trip 2017
  5. azbob

azbob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always made it to the Frontier for the Mexican food there. In fact, spent one Thanksgiving there although all we had was chips, tortilla soup and lots of margaritas...good times.

Diablos is all flash, which you pay for, along with limited attention to their food. Border Grill is probably our favorite place for Mexican Food now (at Mandalay). The Mexican restaurant at South Point is also good with some interesting dishes.

Along with the Frontier, Guarduno's at the Palms is also gone...that was near the top of the list especially for Sunday brunch before the football games.

6. Mayoman

Mayoman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved those Frontier margarita's. They were only like a $1.50 and they were huge, not like the little one's that you used to get at Bill's.

7. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it is much more reasonably priced than Diablos is. And the portions are bigger too. I was shocked at how tiny Diablos's $17 tacos were.

8. TFK

TFK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought Gonzalez Y Gonzalez was pretty terrible when I ate there, but that was many years ago, so maybe they're better now.

I always thought the best Mexican food in Vegas was Viva Mercados, but I heard they closed.

TFK

9. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the entrees were only so-so, but the guacamole was fantastic! I'll definitely return just for that :licklips:

10. 25suited

25suited Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife love that place (me? not that much, but it is still okay). That being said, I must admit their drinks are good. And thanks for the tip about the guacamole, we will try it next time. :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.