1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golfers feel my pain!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Bo333, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because of a bizarre set of circumstances I happened to be at one of my customers houses watching the masters.
    He is a member of Augusta National (this didn't surprise me), so it was fun hearing him comment on the holes during the round. He usually goes to Augusta to watch, but like me was caught by business (although I watch from home). I wasn't feeling to bad because I was in Vegas the whole week before :)

Well, he just invited me to Augusta for a weekend with at least 1 round of golf on the course (it was fuzzy, but I think he invited me for a round on both Saturday & Sunday). It just happens to be the same weekend as my mothers 82nd birthday, who I promised I'd visit. So, alas I had to turn him down. :cry:

I know there are some avid golfers on here who could understand my pain!

And yes, I'm really hoping he invites me another time :drooling:

2. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would tell my customer that playing at Augusta would be a dream come true, and hope he will invite you again. My Mom and Dad are both gone so enjoy the time you have with your mother.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG are you serious? i'm sorry but a round at Augusta trumps absolutely anything that you could ever have scheduled anywhere else. call your mom on her birthday and go visit her the next week. there is absolutely nothing that i would let stop me from a round at Augusta, especially not something that you can do later.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

What he said. What's the difference if a birthday is celebrated a week earlier or a week later? Seriously.

5. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take mom with you, she can shag balls!:woohoo:

6. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mom would have understood

Tell mom,she'll probably say go,have a good time.

7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you think you're likely to get the invite again from the guy, then passing is ok (and tell him why, dutiful sons look good to clients).

If this is a one time opportunity, you gotta go and play at least one of the rounds. You can still visit your mom right before/after.

8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Jim, agree with your sentiment, though I'd obviously not skip this truly rare opportunity. Thankfully my parents are still around. We talk every few days, and though we no longer see them every other week or so given our move, we get down there often, we have a good number of family events, and we still get in trips together when we can. We're all getting up there and all are having that thought, I'm sure. But when the inevitable comes to pass, we all will have had a rich, loving, fun life together. So sad sooooo many people can't say that.

9. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I got invited back. Even better then the first invite as this is a 'business trip'.

10. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank heavens.

I didn't want to have to hunt you down and slap some sense into ya! :evillaugh

My mom would totally understand if I blew her off for that sort of opportunity.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.