1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Steer

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by reedy, Sep 16, 2016.

1. reedy

reedy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to most of the Vegas steak houses over the years and am planning on giving the Golden Steer a try during my November visit.

How have everyones experiences been there?

2. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the search function before my last trip to find our people's opinion on this same question. Most reviews were relatively positive, so I took the plunge last month to try it for myself.

I ate solo at the bar and had a great conversation at the bar with the bartender. Took a little look around at the d├ęcor and walls to see the history. Had the rib eye steak (seemed to be the most popular and was suggested by the bartender). I give it a 6 out of 10. For $54 there are better choices out there for sure. I used a Groupon($30 for $60 meal) to make it reasonable. Would have been disappointed if paid full price for it. No drinks only double baked potatoe (not bad).

Everyone had differing opinions, but I am from Alberta where our steaks are high quality and I also have visited a lot of Steakhouses in Vegas like the OP.

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, very good, very "Old Vegas" in ambiance, but not cheap!

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with dooner. Cool old school joint. But the food is mediocre (though not priced accordingly).

I'd have no problem returning to have a drink at the bar and soak up the atmosphere. But, considering that there are so many places in LV with top notch food for the same price, I can't recommend it for the steak.

Number 50!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just ok. Didn't wow me but it was edible. Would rather go to Casa di Amore or Capo's or Circus Circus. 6/10 is about right.

6. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with thecarve - but I wouldn't even bother going back for a drink ;)

7. reedy

reedy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all. I have a feeling that it may not be my cup of tea. Thinking about trying Envy Steakhouse instead.

8. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to Envy about 10 years ago. It was excellent but a much different ambiance than Golden Steer. Envy is in a hotel lobby. Modern. Generic. Right near a monorail stop if you don't want to drive or taxi.

9. j52chips

j52chips Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Envy Steakhouse is a hidden gem but has a different decor than the old school ambiance

10. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was weighing Golden Steer against CC steakhouse. I think CC will be the way we go if I can talk folks into it.

11. cmasia

cmasia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GS really has taken its eye off the ball the last few years.

CC is a good call, and the juxtaposition of walking through the CC zoo before entering the 1960's cool of The Steak House adds to the experience!