1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Nugget double charge

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by journaljim, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. journaljim

journaljim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not necessarily a word of warning, more like a tale of woe. My wife and I booked two rooms via Landry's Card, one for us, one for my mom and stepdad. I paid the first night for each room on my credit card as per usual. We got there and my folks wanted to put their room on their card so we switched it at check in on wednesday.

Checking out on Saturday the VIP check-in staff were unable to credit my card for the first night of my folks' room and insisted on charging my folks for all three nights which they were fine with but I ended up charged for an extra night. In all, we paid for 7 nights though we only stayed 6.

GN staff said my only recourse was to contact their bookkeeping on Monday. Two calls, two disconnects, and no resolution so I called American Express and they said no problem, they would research it but the GN just produced the same bills they presented to me at checkout. I'm going to call them one more time but they are dead to me.

Too bad, too. My wife and I had stayed twice before and enjoyed it. So, I guess long story short I don't trust their bookkeepers with something as complicated as changing credit cards and won't step foot in there again.

Jim

2. ju5tagt

ju5tagt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow - that's sad - in this day of technology and they couldn't/wouldn't get it right???

Egads!

3. journaljim

journaljim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe they do read these boards. I don't know but third time (or maybe fourth) was a charm and they are finally refunding the extra night.
    Cheers!

4. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it makes no sense to me why they would charge them 3 nights. IDC what system they have they can do it. I worked in a hotel for a year and it was a widely used system. You can charge 2 credit cards, i have never heard of that before. Next time fight it harder at check out.

5. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad it worked out! I was going to encourage you . Because I had a similar problem
    Silver sevens it took a month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.