1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Nugget 09/15 - 09/22

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by PPtraderal, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PPtraderal

PPtraderal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This was our annual trip for the bride's birthday. We stay at the GN every year and since the hotel offered us a Gold Club Room Upgrade for a nominal fee we decided to try it. Flew out of Philly on US AIR, basically on time with quick bags in Las Vegas. The Gold Club floors are in the North Tower, on the 16th and 17th floors. They are, to a fault excellent. Rooms are quiet, coffee, fruit, and newspapers are placed by the elevators in the morning. In the afternoon, they are replaced with M and M's , nuts, dried fruit etc. Bottled water is always available. The rooms have wide screen plasma tvs, with electric mirrors( TV inset) in the bathroom. Rooms have rain tree showers with deep soaking tubs, free internet, Cd players with a small selection of cd's available. We would not hesitate to stay in Gold Club room in the future.

We used the Gold Line to go from downtown to the strip. What an improvement over the duece. Be very aware that inspectors are on board or will board the gold line at some point and request to see passes. I think we had one trip where we did not have to display a pass.

Since we live near Philly and play at Harrah's properties in Atlantic city and use our comps for Las Vegas meals. We do the Redwood at the Cal for the wife's birthday. Always a great meal. Since we did not use any comps the last couple trips or take any cash back we had some decent comps built at the GN and Four Queens. Made it easier on the food budget.

Wife is mostly a slot player and I'm a video poker and horse bum. Best win this trip was 200.00 at GN and a four team parlay at the GN. We did not win this trip. Always have a good time. On the strip we always go the Flamingo and I can;t pull a jackpot out of a Flamingo machine with a tractor. We always do the Bellagio Fountains, the M and M Store and most the of tourist stuff.

I'd like to leave this with my opinions on the downtown properties as we 're downtown people.

Las Vegas Club: A shame , nice people but a dump.

Golden Gate : About as steady as ever.

Plaza: Does not have the Plaza odor anymore. Not very many customers even on the weekend but has been cleaned up. Good drink service.

Fremont: Crowds on the weekend and week days the lightest I've seen here. Of all the downtown properties the GN, Four Queens , and Fitz seemed to be drawing decent crowds. The GN was crowded even on weeknights.

Main Street and Cal : generally steady as always. Nice and clean with good drink service.

The problem with the kids at the Plaza end of Fremont street seems to have been taken care of. Did not see any problems here whatsoever.

Looking forward to next year but now that we're a little older maybe it's time for six month trips. I think I like that idea.

Al

2. lithelady

lithelady Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with you on the Flamingo slots and VP - last time I stayed there earlier this year I didn't see ANYONE winning a jackpot in the 3 nights/4 days I was there. But the GN room sounds great. I like that kind of service!

3. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you had a very nice time. Sorry you didn't win, though.

Thanks for sharing! :)

4. sailor53

sailor53 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't win squat at Flamingo either, nor IP, Bally's, Caesar's, Paris, etc. Enjoyed your report and thanks for posting!

5. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice tr! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

6. PPtraderal

PPtraderal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully to coerce the bride into every six months. Wish me luck.

7. tazdev75

tazdev75 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great trip report!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.