1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Going to Vegas sick

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sporty8705, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I worked all summer, with tons of kids.
    They were all sick at various times.
    Then my kiddo was sick, then my siblings were sick.
    Now I am sick, two days before Vegas.
    What can I do.
    When I sneeze my teeth hurt, lol
    Been taking Airborne, etc
    I don't wanna be sick in vegas.. :(

2. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. eviliciouz

eviliciouz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take emergen-c and use zicam. Get a lot of sleep today and tomorrow. Chicken noodle soup and do neti pot. Feel better!

4. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bummer - I was sick in Vegas about 2 years ago... I just took it easy and did the best I could.... and then I returned 6 weeks later because I felt cheated out of a Vegas trip!

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
  5. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, drink some hot toddies.

6. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad I'm not going to be on your flight "snarf" :evillaugh

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I concur with emergen-c and zicam.
    Put the kids to bed early. LIke right after dinner.
    Bundle up, get lots of sleep (take NyQuil) and try to sweat it out.

8. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry about being sick before going to Vegas, it sucks. I'll add one more thing. Drink tons of water, more water than you think. If you can't sleep, take nyquil or whatever knocks you out. If you get hungry when sick, I do, then eat. This ain't the time to diet.

Hope you get healthy!

9. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have GOTTEN sick in Vegas. All ya can do is ride out and take it slow. I wouldn't do any booze ( or if ya must VERY LITTLE with a water or club soda or 2 in between each drink).. Eat well and try to rest whenever ya can.

10. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been taking Airborne and sleeping, but it is sooooooooooooo damn hot lol.
    i will drink a ton more water, and my throat hurts, so im not too hungry. may have to get some pina colladas and daqueries haha

11. shallie

shallie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup happened to me in February. 3 Days of the stomach flu, could not leave my hotel room.
    So, felt robbed booked and went back in May.
    Drink lots

12. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone to Las Vegas with a chest cold before and once we got there I was pretty much fine the whole time there: it was first a first week of July and it was pretty hot and dry out and that seemed to dry out my lungs and sinuses. I spent a bit of time outside while there: either on the pool deck at Harrah's or sitting at the fountains outside of Venetian during the day and letting the sun beat down on me and warm me up.

Overall the trip was a good one, but all that didn't cure me or anything: when we got back to Vancouver as soon as I was off the plane my sinuses stuffed up, my nose was a little runny again and my chest felt congested.

13. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep pounding that vitamin C and medicine - hopefully it'll clear up!

About a week prior to any trip I will up my vitamin C intake to try and combat the flight and germs people have. I don't get sick often (maybe once a year if that) but I wouldn't want to deal with it on vacation.

My biggest fear with getting sick on vacation is food poisoning.

14. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have gotten sick in Vegas twice (terrible cold once and food poisoning once) and discovered after getting home from another trip that I had actually contracted the Mumps before leaving for the trip and had it brewing while there. I was feeling tired and run down but didn't develop the Mumps main symptom until a couple days after I got home. Best thing you can do is listen to your body and don't push yourself too much while there so you don't end up sicker than you would have been.

15. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

I couldn't imagine doing Vegas while sick. You'll end up getting more ill and transmitting it to everyone else. Sorta nasty playing with someone coughing and sneezing. I would reschedule the trip.

16. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cancellation fees + rescheduling time off + other inconveniences associated with canceling a trip are usually more of a hassle than just dealing with an illness. It's one thing if you've got the flu or strep or something like that. But cough and cold? Keep on keepin' on.

17. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 if you're really sick then I wouldn't go, especially if you're going to make others sick as well.

18. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sore throat - gargle lots with a strong mouthwash.

Vitamin C and lots of water.

Carry Kleenex and sani wipes to swab down where you touch. It's only fair to others.

19. Nick61

Nick61 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember getting on a plane to Vegas about 10 yrs ago. One of the last guys who got on the plane sat right next to me. For the next 4 hours he sneezed, sniffled, and snotted his way to vegas as we sat shoulder to shoulder breathing each other's air. This dude asked the flight attendant for an entire box of facial tissues, and I'm guessing he went through minimum half the box during our flight.

Who would've guessed about 3 days into my week long trip, I got sick as a dog, with the flu and a temperature. I remember literally spending 3 days in my room at the Mirage. If I knew where to find that guy, I would've hunted him down.

20. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

That is one of my nightmares right there! I was playing UTH at Bellagio a couple years ago during CES. A High Roller from somewhere overseas sits down at the table. Physically, he looked like he was going to keel over and die at any moment. He was constantly coughing and they were not dry coughs either. I was scared to touch the cards and thankfully he was only using black chips. I was still playing with red chips at the time. Once i was done gambling at that table, I speed-walked to the bathroom and washed my hands and arms up to my elbows.

If you believe you are contagious, I would cancel the trip. If it is just a cold or allergies, then make the most of the trip. As others suggested, drink lots of water, stay off the sugars, and make sure to get some good rest too. Whether you go or not, hope you feel better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.