1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

going to vegas for first time

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by missparkles, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missparkles

missparkles Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hello everyone
    i am going to vegas for my first time. i will be staying at the tropicana and i have no clue what to do once i am there. i will alone for most part of the evening on april 13,14 and 15th. to be truthful i am scared to death. i would like to meet people that might going at the same time. please respond if you can help me out

2. VegasVegan

VegasVegan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stay on the Strip or Downtown in the touristy areas. No need to be afraid. There will be 3 million other "alone in LV" people doing the same thing.

Las Vegas loves you.

3. missparkles

missparkles Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thank you very much. i am just scared being a single lady and alone is all. i take you have been there before? what thing would be the best for me to enjoy

4. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    99.9% of people on this board have been there before and most of us have been there many times. :thumbsup:

Spend a couple of hours reading posts here. There is a wealth of information. I've been going for 20 years and still learn something new all the time

What do you like to do? Shop, gamble, eat, people watch? You can do all of that or none of that.

You will have a GREAT time! You will be fine solo if you follow basic safety procedures. Stay in a populated area, don't get drunk and stupid, etc. do though, talk to strangers if you are playing slots or tables with friendly people. Sometimes, some of my best memories are meeting new people. Just don't go anywhere with them obviously. Get out of your comfort zone, a little, and do some things you normally wouldn't do. Get out and just walk around. Wear comfortable shoes and keep your purse crisscrossed in front of you and you will be fine.

What you don't want to do, is be so nervous about being alone in Vegas for the first time, you don't enjoy the experience. It is all what you make of it.

Have a great time planning!! Feel free to ask any questions here. :wave:

5. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a single lady as well, and I've spent many hours and days independently on the strip and downtown. Its as safe as any large city in the US, so use common sense, but there's no need for fear.

Things to do:

1. Gamble - yes, the obvious but wonderful choice
    2. Shop - there are so many unique places to shop in Vegas that you won't find anywhere else.
    3. Eat - So many choices, so little time. Splurge a little!
    4. Sight See - there are so many things to see in Vegas, you'll never run out of fun things to do.

Enjoy your trip, and don't be afraid to ask questions. There is a wealth of information and knowledge on this board!

6. VegasVegan

VegasVegan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you're only in LV for a couple days, I'd say divide your time between the Strip and Downtown.

Don't miss going up to the observation deck at the Stratosphere . That should be a requirement for all first time visitors.

7. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Welcome to the board missparkles! I see you are already getting some great advice. Just keep reading and exploring the site and you will be armed and ready. :thumbsup: Have a great trip and good luck.

8. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome:peace: have a great inaugural trip to LV. You'll remember it for your entire life.

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  9. VegasSteven

VegasSteven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll have a great time. Like some others have said, just stick to the main areas and watch the alcohol intake when you're out and about. If you go downtown, which I highly recommend, I'd stay under the canopy. Lots to do there and it's safe. Tons of security and Metro patrols. Lots of other people will be alone, too. The Chart House Bar (H20 Lounge) inside the Golden Nugget is a great place to have dinner alone. Nice, classy place with cool bartenders and a huge aquarium to look at.

Two great downtown steakhouses for solo diners: Andiamo at the D and Vic & Anthony's inside the Golden Nugget. Both serve dinner at the bar and the staff are so cool you don't even feel like a solo diner.

I usually go alone and it can be an advantage. You're free to do what you want when you want.

Enjoy, be safe, and post a trip report when you come back!

10. leanonme

leanonme Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    does this cost money?

11. leanonme

leanonme Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you're not comfortable approaching strangers too randomly try meetup.com

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.