1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

going solo 13th year in a row

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by ecskip, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ecskip

ecskip Guest

Hello everyone, this will be my 13th year in a row in Vegas. This is my 1st year solo. I don't think itcwill be as fun without my friends.

2. txpeanut

txpeanut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I travel to LV solo and with others. They are both fun just different. This is a great time to do what you want, when you want to.

3. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am heading out for my 19th trip; all have been solo but 2 when I took one of my kids. At my trade shows I met people and meet them annually as old friends. When I go solo at other times of the year, I make new friends. It is easy to meet folks, have some good conversations and enjoy yourself in LV. There are lots of solo vacationers in a place to which everyone comes, just to have a good time.

Jimbo338

4. crapsguy5000

crapsguy5000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Solo is Best

I've been solo to Vegas twice now and have to say that I think it's more fun!
    I thought I would be bored as well when I went solo the first time but found it's more fun to do what I want, when I want.
    I also had a blast meeting and talking to people that I probably would not have talked to had I been vactioning with someone.

Don't be shy, just start talking away! Everyone is there to have fun anyway;:kiss: people seem to be very receptive to new conversation.

5. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll probably have more fun without your friends!
    Been going mostly solo for 25+ years and still love it.

As mentioned; you get to do what you want, when you want. Go to the pool, sleep in, take a nap (without being bothered), eat what you want, etc etc etc.
    The fun possibilities are endless.

There's always new friends to meet there, and if you're alone, slightly inebriated, and it's after 9 or 10 pm, you get to strike up conversation with some of the most beautiful "hookers" you have ever seen! :cry:

Oh, and welcome to the boards. :thumbsup:

6. runningonthehub

runningonthehub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I promise you this. If you go to Las Vegas with the wrong people, you will wish you were alone. If you think you cannot enjoy yourself without your friends, maybe you should not go to Las Vegas solo.
    If you go to Vegas and worry about being solo, you will ruin your trip. Make up in your mind that you are there to have a good time and you will have a good time. That's all that matters.

7. callahanha

callahanha Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try to do 4 trips a year, 1 with GF, 2 with friends and 1 solo trip. My solo trip is the most relaxing out of all of them. I don't have to go shopping or see shows that I have no intrest in.
    I can eat where I want, when I want and not have to worry about trying to satisfy a whole group of different appetites.
    Playing video poker at a bar, I can chat with the bar tenders and I have made many friends over the years at the black jack tables.
    You can also bring a box of poptarts or a box of cereal for breakfast and save money thet way.
    Hiking in Red Rock Canyon with no cell phone is a peaceful day away from the stresses of everyday life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.