1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Glasgow to Vegas Thomas cook

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Mick66golf, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Mick66golf

Mick66golf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there we fly out next Monday and I was wondering if anyone has done the Glasgow to Vegas route recently with TC . We have been allocated seats 1J,1K on the Airbus airtanker and was wondering if the seats are ok . And what the flight was actually like ie Meals , IFE and seats comfort .

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had to do some research, but that is a A330-200 aircraft. Hard to say which plane you are on. They seem to have some with premium cabins, and some are all economy. Either way, I am guessing you are in seats on the right side on the window. They are of course bulkhead seats which some love, some do not.

Did you pay extra for 1st/business seats?

See more here

3. bribhoy

bribhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whenever I'm trying to work out what my seats are like, I use seatguru.com for seatmaps. It works perfectly for major airlines but I had a look for Thomas Cook and I'm struggling to match the seatmaps to your seat numbers. the A330-200 that TC has leased from Airtanker shows Row 1 as only going up to J - there is no K in that row. If you're actually in 1H and 1J, those are Premium Economy bulkhead seats, and have better pitch and width measurements than the standard seats. As nostress says, bulkhead seats are a matter of personal preference as you tend to get less legroom in them, but nobody reclining into your lap.

Double check your seat numbers and check out seatguru for more info.

Have a great time.

Bright light city's gonna set my soul...
  4. Mick66golf

Mick66golf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't find the seat plan for our flight . But it's a flight with only economy on it . No premium seats . The plane is a Airtanker but the only one I can find shows premium for the first 7 rows . But spoke to someone from TC through live chat and she said we are definetly in seats row 1 . Just looked at my paper work again and sorry it's says seats 1H , 1K . Really confused why I can't find the seat plan for the flight .

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easy stuff.. okay not so easy. There is a PDF link on the right side on the Thomas Cook page link above.

Go to this page and look midway down on the right.

On that sort of plan, you SURELY want a pair on either side - assuming two people are flying.

There is a small risk with your particular seats. Not sure if they are either Handicap seats or infant seats that might get priority and they can move you. Since they allowed you to book them, you should be fine.

Overall, I would say they are among the better seats on the plane.

6. David Grant

David Grant Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am on the same flight next Monday as well. Planes are great, plenty of room, got your own tv/ film/ radio channels. You do need to pay for premium channels but it's not much. Food is standard airline fare.
    The flight at 10 hours is a bit long but once you are up in the air and have seen a couple of films ate your meals it's not long in going by.
    On the Flight back try to get some sleep otherwise you will be knackered when you arrive back at 7 am Tuesday / Friday.
    I don't know where I'll be sitting but the last time I had the four middle seats to myself so was able to streach out.
    Look out for the green VMB wristband.

Ready to take on the world at the WSOP
  7. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have flown with TC a few times from Manchester and I have found them to be great. For the price they offer for a direct flight to Vegas I do consider it a good deal. I know that they are not everyone's favourite but I have never had any problems when I have used them.