1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Give a reward to a friend query?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by TrueblueAl, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed that in the FAQ thread it says you cannot give rewards to a friend because it ties it down to your mlife account. My friend has been playing this for me on her facebook and has not redeemed anything from it yet and was hoping to do this before my trip. when you try to redeem a reward does it ask to to register to mlife at that stage? If this is the case would i need to register my details to redeem the rewards or is it tied down to the specific facebook account?

Vegas Honeymoon
  2. Matty Ice

Matty Ice Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first time your friend redeems any reward from the MyVegas game, the name and email address used will be forever tied to that Facebook account - so make sure she puts your name and email address in when redeeming.

Your name and email address is tied to your MLife account -when you arrive in Vegas, you go to the Player's Desk to redeem the reward, give them the code for the reward along with your player's card and ID. In the case of some rewards (like redeeming for show tickets) you would have to call and reserve the date and seating and supply your MLife information to reserve and then just pick up the tickets when you arrive.

It is pretty easy to redeem rewards, just as long as your friend remembers to redeem them with your name and email address.

4. veovis23

veovis23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your friend is playing b/c you are incapable (i.e. you work all day and he/she is just hitting spin) then you could be ok. If said person is playing and you are trying to redeem rewards from 2 accounts you will not be able to, as the 3 per player limit will be tied to the information that you submit to redeem.

5. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would still be cause for being banned from myVegas and Facebook per their rules. You are only allowed to play on your own account. Doesn't matter if someone is incapable or not.

6. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is from the Terms of Service
    http://www.myvegas.com/terms-service-myvegas

I've seen more than a few people get the ban hammer over on the myVegas friends page on Facebook for this, and not from that group, banned from purchasing rewards rewards through the game.

7. veovis23

veovis23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    bswim, I agree whoeheartedly. It is definitely something that has been deemed a violation of ToS. I was more saying that if it weren't broadcasted (i.e. the FB page you mentioned) that it might fly under the radar.

Personally not worth the risk to me (over 400k in LP with a trip in a 4 months), but I can see why someone might risk it.

8. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure it's done and people get away with it but as you said, not worth the risk.

9. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It didn't sound like the OP was playing two accounts under the same name to get more rewards - he didn't even know how the whole thing worked. It sounds like someone is playing the game on his behalf and will use his name and MLife card number when the time comes to redeem - which would be fine. There is absolutely no way anyone at Facebook, Mlife or MyVegas would know that someone is playing for someone else, because Facebook screen names vary and registered names of Facebook account holders are not cross-referenced with MLife. The name and MLife card used when first redeeming any reward is the information that will forever be tied to the Facebook account being used to accumulate LPs. As long as only one account is being used for the OP, then it doesn't matter who is playing for him on that account - no one would have any way of knowing.

If he is using two accounts for more rewards, then that is not going to work and it is definitely not worth the risk of losing all of the loyalty points that have taken so long to build, not to mention being banned.

10. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's basically what is happening as i am not on facebook my friend has been playing it basically on my behalf as she has a facebook account and it was her that made me aware of myvegas. My girlfriend (who is coming to vegas with me) also has a facebook account and has also been playing myvegas too so if rewards were redeemed from that they would be under her name and not mine althiough she has not generated too much lps.
    My friend however has amassed quite a lot of loyalty points and i don't think she realised that redeeming the rewards linked to a mlife account but if she's cool with it i will just ask her to use my name when redeeming the rewards. I will tell her she doesn't have to though just in case she wants another trip to Vegas as it seems if i redeem the rewards under my name it would scupper her being able to redeem myvegas lp for herself in the future.

Thanks for the info guys.

Vegas Honeymoon
  11. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're welcome. Yes, if your friend has ever redeemed rewards for a previous trip then she would be unable to play for you - her information would be linked to that account. By the same token, if she redeems rewards in your name, she would be unable to ever get rewards in her own name under that Facebook account again.

If your friend decided to keep the loyalty points she has accrued for herself, there is another solution - if you are unable to access facebook, then she should be able to just help you set up a brand new facebook account for you under your own name and then play for you on that account when shehas time to build up points for you that are yours and yours alone.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.