1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ghostbar and Minus 5 Ice bar?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by DBC74, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBC74

DBC74 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These two are on my "to-do" list for my upcoming trip.

In general I'm not much into the "club scene", I'd like to do Ghost bar just for the view and have a cocktail or two. If I go in the afternoon, is it likely to be less busy? Would there be a cover charge?

Likewise, I've read reviews online saying Minus 5 is kind of schlocky. Any reviews/input?

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Ghost Bar is always fun, check up on events and see if the day parties are going on while you are there.

No clue why anyone would want to do the minus 5 bar, its widely considered on here as a touristy, gimicky kind of thing, but to each their own.

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no idea if Ghostbar is even open during the day. I think just at night. But if you went earlier in the evening (9-10ish) and not on a main night it shouldn't be too busy.

Minus 5 is a neat little gimmick but not really a place to hang out. You pay your cover (which includes a mixed drink in an ice glass), get a coat and gloves, go in and pick up your drink. Fairly good odds it will be near empty, so go with a few buddies to have a drink or two. Usually by the time the drinks are gone you are ready to go. A real trouper might stay to buy a second round.

Fun to say you did it and could be a nice cooldown if you've been walking the strip in June-August, but dont evaluate it like a regular bar. Its not a place you hang out.

4. thedukeofdublin

thedukeofdublin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ghostbar open at 8pm daily so more of an evening hang out!

Must try the ice bar as i've never been in it but i am a tourist so it's allowed:Þ

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. vegas_junkie

vegas_junkie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I went to Minus 5 on our last trip. In a nutshell, we enjoyed it but agreed it's not something to do more than once. It was pretty interesting to be in a bar with ice walls and seats, and drink a mixed drink out of a glass made of ice. My sister and her husband came with us - they got cold after one drink and left, but we actually stuck around for two more rounds and met some interesting people to talk to. The drinks were pretty tasty, if a bit sweet. It is kind of pricey, but we didn't feel ripped off. I think it's worth a go.

7. eviliciouz

eviliciouz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going to try the Minus 5 ice bar at Monte Carlo using our myvegas rewards next month. I always want to try it but not willing to pay the $$$ out of pocket, so this will be perfect. Free is a good price :).

8. addicted

addicted Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ghostbar is great. Don't bother going during the day. Vegas isn't that great to look at during the day.

You could do some searching online and find a host that works for the palms who will put your name on the guestlist (which means no cover)

Ghostbar can be busy at times but its never jam packed.

Minus 5 sounds fun until you walk into the place...and you realize you're sitting in an oversized freezer

9. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had fun at Minus 5 at Monte Carlo! It's totally gimicky, take a shot out of the ice boobs haha. We had a good time, met some fun people. I think it's worth doing once. Just keep in mind you can only stay in there so long cause it's damn cold haha. It is a trip when you get out of there, you suddenly feel drunker..

10. eviliciouz

eviliciouz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My girlfriends and I are on the guestlist for Ghost Bar through http://www.freevegasclubpasses.com . It's free. What's cool is that, the first night you can choose one of five club you need to go to (Ghost Bar, Pure, LAX, and there are 2 other ones) for free and then the 2nd night you can pick another place you want to go to.
    All the details is on that website.

11. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the Minus Five Bar at the MC on a myvegas reward so it was free. We had the one drink..then it was like...uh...why don't we go back and play cards? It seemed like a good idea to go when I redeemed the award but count me in on saying the novelty of the place wears off very fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.