1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting Wed in November

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by peddler, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peddler

peddler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi guys,

Please help, we've booked 8 nights in Vegas in November this year, we plan to get married. We only want 2 guests with us so was wondering where to get married as it's just the 4 of us. I'm thinking The Little White Chapel purely because of nothing else than the name- to us in the UK it sounds quite cool to get married there. None of us have been to Vegas before, we were just wondering if The Little White Chapel is a good call?? we don't want anything too formal, just a nice quick little ceremony.
    Any advice would be great, also obviously we have tried to research things and I've looked on this board, but any other advice would be great. I'm a photographer so also looking for a hotel with the best views of the strip

Regards.

James.

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

I'm not a fan of that chapel. Check out Chapel of the Flowers, Vegas Weddings (702wedding.com), Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel (HUGE kitsch but they're cool there) or some of the hotel-based chapels if you want to cut down on some of the cheese but typically at higher cost.

3. peddler

peddler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your reply Ken, can I ask you why you are not a fan?? I will look up your recommendations.
    cheers

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Over the years I've written many Vegas wedding articles and a guidebook (Neon Nuptials: The Complete Guide to Las Vegas Weddings), so I saw each and every chapel in person, met a lot of the personnel, often going visiting with my wife under the guise of looking for a place for us to tie the knot. While every chapel is a mill, I just never liked the vibe or attitudes at Little White, and there was some behind-the-scenes/local politics stuff that was cruddy, too. I stayed current on matters-nuptial into 2010, so there is that caveat (most of the mainstay chapels do not change over time, as I learned through the years).

Look, you're not going to get mugged or robbed or rendered unlawfully wedded so if there is something about the chapel that works for you, by all means go for it!

5. shokhead

shokhead I'm no big spender!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used out Chapel of the Bells. Worked out fine. Got a package that a limo picked us up at the hotel, took us to get our marriage license and then to the chapel. I'm sure they all have different packages.

Here we go again!
  6. DSTEWART

DSTEWART Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Ken, I am in the same boat as Peddler. Hard to try to make such a big decission like where to have your wedding just by looking at on line pictures. What are your thoughts on BELLEZA WEDDING CHAPEL?

7. DSTEWART

DSTEWART Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [Hi Ken, I am in the same boat as Peddler. Hard to try to make such a big decission like where to have your wedding just by looking at on line pictures. What are your thoughts on BELLEZA WEDDING CHAPEL? QUOTE=ken2v;979406]Over the years I've written many Vegas wedding articles and a guidebook (Neon Nuptials: The Complete Guide to Las Vegas Weddings), so I saw each and every chapel in person, met a lot of the personnel, often going visiting with my wife under the guise of looking for a place for us to tie the knot. While every chapel is a mill, I just never liked the vibe or attitudes at Little White, and there was some behind-the-scenes/local politics stuff that was cruddy, too. I stayed current on matters-nuptial into 2010, so there is that caveat (most of the mainstay chapels do not change over time, as I learned through the years).

Look, you're not going to get mugged or robbed or rendered unlawfully wedded so if there is something about the chapel that works for you, by all means go for it![/QUOTE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.