1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting to the shopping malls.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Carlany2, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carlany2

Carlany2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

My wife really wants to visit one of the outlet malls.
    She's mostly interested in the Converse outlet. Which mall has the best range for Converse?

Also, can you get a bus there? I really don't want to go by taxi.

We are staying at the Vdara.

2. mona

mona Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure which one has the best range for Converse. But... yes you can take the SDX to either outlet mall.

3. sampson

sampson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Las Vegas Premium Outlets North is the best outlet mall I've been to. And they have a Converse to boot!

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually like the Premium outlet South mall (the old Belz mall) better. The north mall has the usual stores that I see in most outlet malls in America (we have similar stores in the premium outlet mall in Honolulu). I always visit the south premium outlet whenever I'm in vegas, not so much the north one even though I usually stay downtown.

I also like the south mall because it is totally enclosed so once you get inside you aren't exposed to the elements. The north mall isn't enclosed at all so you have to brave the hot and cold and rain to go from store to store. The south mall also has a larger number of restaurants and eateries inside the mall and a number of restaurants along las vegas blvd (outback, chipotle, buffalo wild wings, chilli's, Panda express, IHOP, 5 guys burgers, etc.).

the south outlet mall can be reached by the deuce or sdx bus and IMHO is probably a shorter ride from the vdara. They also have a converse outlet.

Info on the south premium outlet mall

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp?id=61

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I also prefer the southern outlet mall for many of the reasons makikiboy states.

By bus from Vdara I would think it would be much faster to get to the south mall, plus if you buy a bunch of stuff it'll be a cheaper cab ride (around $12-15) back to your hotel if you don't want to carry a bunch of bags on the bus, get off on The Strip and then lug them over to your hotel.

Both of the outlets do have a Converse store, in fact both malls have almost the same stores: If you aren't sure which outlet you want to visit maybe take a look at the store listing for each outlet to see if there are any stores at one that aren't at the other that you really want to shop at.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.