1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

getting to southpoint ?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by kitson, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

i am going to a little trade show the end of april, but they are having it out at southpoint. got my comp rooms at harrahs. i do have the southpoint shuttle schedule, and know i can go across to ti and catch the shuttle out to southpoint there, making a couple other stops on the way, it appears.

so, first question. anyone rode this shuttle, and is it pretty much reliable on time? see that it costs 8 dollars, or is that maybe waived if you get a southpoint players card?

next question, anyone taken a cab to or from midstrip and southpoint? what is your cost estimate on that,
    because i can see myself being done buying and being ready to get back to harrahs faster.

thanks!

2. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stay at SP all the time, never heard of getting the shuttle free with a card. We always have a car but last fall I went without my husband so no car that trip. Cab from MGM to SP noontime on a thurs was around $23...I asked cabbie to take LVB all the way not the I 15...I like to look around and the highway is boring. Not sure if it would have been more on the highway or less. Depending on who is with us I sometimes take a cab from SP to the airport at the end of our trip, around $23-$25 and they always take the highway. The SP shuttle is definitely cheaper than a cab if you are going to do it multiple times. Even though I have stayed at SP 5 times I have never taken their shuttle.

3. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I-15 would be less.

4. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

thanks, tammy. how is the cab availability, usually?

i have no trouble asking someone in the cab line if they want to share a cab, and actually anywhere on the strip for the time of day i would be leaving the trade show works, so probably would take that option at least on the way back, just to save the time on waiting for the shuttle and the dropoff stops south of ti.

5. Midwest10

Midwest10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have taken that shuttle many times and generally have been very pleased with the service. I don't believe the shuttle company is associated with South Point in any way so having a South Point card offers no advantage on price. The shuttle company simply picks riders up from Grandview next door at the top of the hour and from South Point at five after the hour throughout the day.

It might not save you time to ride the shuttle, but it will save you money. The $8 price is for the entire day so after you've paid your $8 for the day you can simply show them a piece of paper they will give you and ride for free the rest of the day.

Have a nice trip, and let me know if there's anything else I might be able to answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.