1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting ready for Vegas - diet time!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Sheil813, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheil813

Sheil813 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am 4 months away from my trip and am starting my diet now! Anyone work out or diet before a trip so you can indulge and be a glutton while you're there? I try to work out when I'm there but sometimes the hangover is too much!

Spring Fling! May 11 - 15th
  2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, I indulge in gluttony when I am vegas no matter how much I have worked out before a trip!

3. carolineno

carolineno High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I try and get serious around 3 months before I go. I've been hitting the gym pretty hard. The older I get, the slower the weight loss is, and the more I feel like I was hit by a bus the next day.

This will be the first trip I try and work out at the hotel gym, and if I'm honest, it's only so I can eat and drink without guilt the rest of the time. I do love all the walking one does in LAS but my body seems to need to really get that heart rate up for me to lose, so, sucks to be me. I usually wake up super early the first night, so I will just go right to the gym this time. Then breakfast, food coma nap, and off to the races after that.

Good luck to everyone trying to not mess up their diets in Vegas!

4. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always think I'm going to workout while there but I figure dancing for hours and hours each night at the bars/clubs I work the cals off. My friends and I tend to share meals since the servings are so big but then of course there is the mass quantities of alcohol we consume.

I have a trip at the end of March and the pools will be opening. I just started the 3 day refresh (on Day 2) then doing the 21 Day Extreme Challenge. Need to shed these last few winter lbs.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2016
  5. DenvertoVegas

DenvertoVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't say I diet, but I definitely use vegas (pools specifically) and other tropical destinations as my motivation for getting to the gym.

6. Sheil813

Sheil813 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I share meals too, but then get greedy when it comes to the nutella crepes! Dancing and walking are big helps but I love listening to music in the fitness centers - I usually can work out 2 or 3 times on a 5 day trip. Have fun at the pool!

7. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've just started for a month before a short holiday, and then have 3 months from when I get back to really get into it. I'm a glutton in Vegas, but especially with Vodka.

I can't do any running/cycling/walking due to my MS, but after a few years out of the gym, I have started lifting weights again, and gotten someone to help me in the gym :)

I was 266 after Xmas, and am about 250 now. With a bit of luck I can lose another few lbs in the coming weeks, and hopefully another 30 before my Vegas trip.

Double digits!
  8. crapsguy5000

crapsguy5000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do it all the time before vacation and before the holidays as well. I lose five pounds and when I get back I'm usually back at the weight I left at.

9. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm on the cleanse right now. Which are you on?

10. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I understand this you are going to diet for 4 months so you can indulge then return home and go back to your normal eating habits?
    If so why bother. I don't believe anyone went to Vegas 10 times, gained 5 pounds each time for a total of 50 pounds and goes around telling everyone this is my 50 pound Vegas belly. :wink2:
    Granted not everything that happens in Vegas stays in Vegas other than VD and marriages. Things like weight simply take time to go away.

Why not try eating healthy for the 4 months, indulge in Vegas, return home and continuing eating healthy again.

If you have to diet so you can indulge do you think it really matters that you are going to indulge?
    Your way sounds like you are putting yourself through misery for 4 months.

As far as the hangover, working out or hitting the steam room would actually help.

11. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even though my next trip isn't a Vegas trip, I still share the sentiment of wanting to lose weight before we go. We're going to be going to Chicago for the first time and I love taking pictures. There are many sites, museums and activities that we are planning and I like being in the pictures as well. So that is my motivation for dropping 20 pounds or so. I have until July so I'm hoping to do this.

I already know a few bad habits that will drop some pounds for me so I am concentrating on those first.

12. Sheil813

Sheil813 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great job! Keep up the good work!

13. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks very much :)

Double digits!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.